is golden being set up?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i am hoping or perhaps dreaming this is the case. Apparently, the other sites make clear Blake is pushing for staff changes. perhaps they know golden will refuse, thus, giving them a reason to fire them man who lead them through the cloud. instead of saying he got fired, they can say they came to a disagreement about the future of the program and agreed to part ways. DONT ATTACK ME. I AM JUST A HOPELESS ROMANTIC AT THIS POINT Lol

Advertisement
Blake is a powerless puppet and he is not pushing for anything. He's throwing a disgruntled fan base a bone and hoping season ticket sales do not plummet next year.

Advertisement
Blake has one boss - Shalala - and she answers to the BOT.

Can't they pull the trigger on Shalala sooner than frikkin' June?

This situation has become so toxic that at this point one would think Golden would negotiate a buyout and GTFOH, because it's only going to get worse, and I'm not convinced he wants to be here anyway.

i am hoping or perhaps dreaming this is the case. Apparently, the other sites make clear Blake is pushing for staff changes. perhaps they know golden will refuse, thus, giving them a reason to fire them man who lead them through the cloud. instead of saying he got fired, they can say they came to a disagreement about the future of the program and agreed to part ways. DONT ATTACK ME. I AM JUST A HOPELESS ROMANTIC AT THIS POINT Lol

And why do we need the reason that Al won't make staff changes to get him fired? The record should be all that's needed. We owe Al nothing. This whole he stuck with us is a sham. The man got paid to do a job, what was he gonna do, quit and go back to Temple and make less money?

When he actually sniffed a job, he went dark on us for a week. And don't give me some nonsense about ESPN mentioning him as a candidate for any other job, it wasn't real. So once again, what do we owe him? All of it is just BS, the admin just doesn't care and they think they are so much smarter than the fans they feed is this insulting drivel of progress and we need to stick with Al.

Advertisement
The only thing Golden is setting up is a trust fund for his kids. I hear the UM benefits package is very good.

So refusing to make staff changes 4 years in a row is just now enough to get him fired like 6-7 in year 4 isn't already a good enough reason? You are dreaming man lol or overthinking it

This situation has become so toxic that at this point one would think Golden would negotiate a buyout and GTFOH, because it's only going to get worse, and I'm not convinced he wants to be here anyway.

I have been thinking the same thing. Why would he not go take 4 million to walk away. He stays another year he will not get a HC job in the next 10 years.

This is what I don't get. This year is going to be very long for him. Extremely toxic. Why not negotiate and move on?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back