Is Fedora possibly trying to get away from the CTE controversy/irritation of the direction of CFB for a bit?

Canez1

OG
I remember when he talked about football being ruined along with the toughness of our country and the pitchforks came out from the media and others calling for his firing. I agreed with him at the time. I was wondering if this might be a factor when we were trying to hire him and sure enough, it seems like maybe he wants a break from the sport. Just some random thinking while I am bored out of my mind from my usual insomnia.

Advertisement
I actually wrote that wrong. I didn’t mean so much the controversy itself but the agitation that he was developing for the sport. Just feels like he is doing what Richt should have done by stepping away for a bit and assessing things except Richt never should have come back in any role except for possibly AD somewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When did he call out America’s toughness? U have a link?

I couldn’t find the actual story he told about the conversation with a general but here is bit from an article with the gist of it.

"Our game is under attack," he said. "I fear the game will be pushed so far from what we know that we won't recognize it in 10 years. And if it does, our country will go down, too.”

At that point, all of the important discussions about CTE were replaced by yet another divisive argument in which the two sides engage more in name-calling than in an educated back-and-forth about how to limit head injuries in football.
Fedora used the United States military to emphasize his point. He told a story about an unnamed general who told him the U.S. armed forces are the best in the world because the U.S. is the world's only football-playing nation.

Advertisement
To connect all the dots, he says football is under attack. By whom? You infer by a segment of liberals who find it too dangerous. That segment does exist and even ESPN has some such individuals working there. His point was proof about CTE. I have wondered how many of us regular smucks have CTE from are everyday living. But he got attacked for going down that type road. Mob mentality.

To connect all the dots, he says football is under attack. By whom? You infer by a segment of liberals who find it too dangerous. That segment does exist and even ESPN has some such individuals working there. His point was proof about CTE. I have wondered how many of us regular smucks have CTE from are everyday living. But he got attacked for going down that type road. Mob mentality.

Thank you! This is what I was trying to say and was wondering if maybe it was causing him to take a small break but I’m just not very good at wording things. Much appreciated.

I couldn’t find the actual story he told about the conversation with a general but here is bit from an article with the gist of it.

"Our game is under attack," he said. "I fear the game will be pushed so far from what we know that we won't recognize it in 10 years. And if it does, our country will go down, too.”

At that point, all of the important discussions about CTE were replaced by yet another divisive argument in which the two sides engage more in name-calling than in an educated back-and-forth about how to limit head injuries in football.
Fedora used the United States military to emphasize his point. He told a story about an unnamed general who told him the U.S. armed forces are the best in the world because the U.S. is the world's only football-playing nation.
Ok so he’s a weirdo.

Advertisement
I actually wrote that wrong. I didn’t mean so much the controversy itself but the agitation that he was developing for the sport. Just feels like he is doing what Richt should have done by stepping away for a bit and assessing things except Richt never should have come back in any role except for possibly AD somewhere.

id take Richt as our AD

Fedora's just a whiny ***** that doesn't want to accept responsibility for His failure at UNC. Glad that coke head won't have anything to do with my program.

This country has grown soft as charmin.
I would say however that the pussyfication of football is more a symptom of our Nation’s “everyone get’s a trophy” or “I play a violent sport for years and now have issues and it’s not fair”, and “don’t offend me” culture than the cause of it.

Advertisement
Back