Is dissolution of NCAA a way out of ACC?

Pardon me in advance if this concept has been discussed before. Over the weekend, as I was hearing about the latest group of schools to leave what is now the PAC 4, I wondered, "What if the NCAA was dissolved?" Would this solve our Grant of Rights handcuffing?
I would think it would really be in everyone's best interest - $EC, B1G, acc, big 12, pac 4 - to dump the NCAA altogether and form two super conferences, renegotiating tv deals every 2 or 3 years. Additionally, this new entity could place some rules and regulations on NIL.

Advertisement
I am ready to blow this thing up as it is now. Certain schools are a mismatch for the conferences they are in and a shuffling of the deck chairs might be what is needed. Everyone is going to weight these things differently. For me, I value regionality quite heavily. Florida and Florida State should have to play us every year. Wish it was easy as dividing the country up geographically into 3 large regions for conference assignment. Inside that, divisions could be made.

1691443072126.png
1691443443045.png

Problem is it isn't in best interest of B1G and SEC to share w/ the KS and Wakes of the world. Sad that the bottom feeders like Northwestern and Vandy will get millions to fund their other athletics while the bottom feeders of the other conferences will get pennies.

We are super close to the 1/2 super league. Adding 2 schools to the B1G and 4 to SEC creates 2 super conferences that maintains regional rivalries and makes everyone happy except those left out. Play your division rivalries every year and don't have unnecessary travel for non-revenue sports.

B1G1: MI, MSU, IN, PU, OH St.
B1G2: MN, WI, IA, IL, NW
B1G3: UCLA, USC, WA, OR & CO/NE
B1G4: PSU Rutgers, MD, NC, NCst.

SEC1: LSU, AU, AL, MS, MSU
SEC2: GA, TN, Vandy, KY, MO
SEC3: FL, SC, Clemson, FSU, Miami
SEC4: TX, TX A&M, OK, AR, NE/Houston

Ideally they do conf. realignment switching 4s creating an Atlantic/ACC/Big East history and moving the TX/Big8/Big12 to the west.

No, if football separates from the NCAA that does not destroy the GOR. The teams in the ACC sign their gaming rights to the ACC. The ACC the. Partners with ESPN to get a check. Teams can go anywhere they want but if the ACC still owns their rights, all the money gained elsewhere will be going to the ACC.

Advertisement
No, if football separates from the NCAA that does not destroy the GOR. The teams in the ACC sign their gaming rights to the ACC. The ACC the. Partners with ESPN to get a check. Teams can go anywhere they want but if the ACC still owns their rights, all the money gained elsewhere will be going to the ACC.
I get what you’re saying. My premise though would sort of supercede or work around what you’re talking about….I think.

Pardon me in advance if this concept has been discussed before. Over the weekend, as I was hearing about the latest group of schools to leave what is now the PAC 4, I wondered, "What if the NCAA was dissolved?" Would this solve our Grant of Rights handcuffing?
I would think it would really be in everyone's best interest - $EC, B1G, acc, big 12, pac 4 - to dump the NCAA altogether and form two super conferences, renegotiating tv deals every 2 or 3 years. Additionally, this new entity could place some rules and regulations on NIL.
Aside from this topic, I do wish the NCAA would dissolve anyway.

Advertisement
Back