Is Diaz just Richt 2.0?

Meast21

Redshirt Freshman
I wanted a new HC to come in and evaluate the whole program from head to toe, talking from S&C, practices, off the field admin, recruiting philosophy, etc.

Let's be honest, Diaz has no HC experience and will probably leave 90% of that **** the same as Richt built it

Honestly worried the program under Diaz will simply be "Richt 2.0" with a new OC and offensive philosophy. Is that good enough to make us champions?

Advertisement
Simple answer yes... I am sure his offense philosophy will be just like his def, aggressive and fast paced. It’s what we needed. I’m sure manny will still have his hands all over the def and find himself an OC to run the show

Many is now the HC. So, he has to immediately fix this mess. It's all on him. So many questions. What will he do with the garbage O Line situation? Who will be the recruiters on this staff and how will he salvage this recruiting class? Will he hire a real offensive coordinator? Does he have the stones to cut the deadweight and hire productive coaches?

I'm hoping that he is successful but am very concerned.

No - Manny and Richt are completely different personalities. Manny shows more passion in 1 quarter than Richt showed all year.

I think Manny will definitely do some things differently than Richt. That said, Temple was the perfect opportunity for Manny to break all ties and do it his way, tinker with things to see how he needed to succeed. Locking him here, i fear he will keep a lot in tact and not change much, which i fear will not change much on the field either (or locker room that sounds like a mess).

Advertisement
Back