Is Covid19 helping our recruiting?

I feel like self-loathing UM fans will look for anything other than UM still being an attractive marquee program with incredible talent within walking distance of campus and some really good young dynamic recruiters on staff. You guys act like we've never had a top 15 class. We have them almost every **** year.

This whole COVID **** is being way overhyped as a reason for our good work in recruiting. If anything, COVID would make these dudes want to get the fck out of here and go see something different. They've been trapped in the same place with the same people for 4 months. They're probably stir crazy.

Why's Tennessee doing so well? UNC?
Man I've been saying this attachment of Covid 19 and Miami's recruiting efforts is way overblown. Just another one of these things where someone said it and then another and now it's reality. Reality is kids from all over are committing to OOS schools. Manny and staff are doing a **** good job period. Their definitely in play for all 5 Palmetto guys and James Williams. None of those kids are going to stay because of Covid 19. If we were losing these kids to Georgia, Oregon etc. People would be saying that Manny can't recruit. I say takes these recruiting wins and enjoy them instead of trying to minimize them.

Advertisement
Except they can't because most can't travel. So they commit to where they've been and what they think they know. Anyone who doesn't think COVID plays a serious role in Miami recruiting right now hasn't been paying attention and hasn't been reading interviews.

You mentioned UNC. All of their recruits come from within realistic driving distance of campus. That proves the point.
Plenty of guys committing to schools not in their neighborhoods during COVID. Keep being weak and thinking UM is a G5 program.

We have to give Manny a lot of credit; no not for his on field performance, but his offseason work might be the best in the country.

He hired a stud offensive staff, a number of quality "analysts" with strong South Florida ties, he is ****ing the **** off out of UF and FSU, and he even has CIS in a good mood. Almost magical......

Very happy to see us step up in the analyst game

The original point of this thread was about the impact of COVID on recruiting. Miami may or may not be still a national brand, but that is not in place here as this is a recruiting class all about the locals. Only one commitment is from out of state. COVID helps us as prospects can't travel as they usually would.

Are our recruiters better than prior years? Yeah, I believe that. Is COVID playing a "little part"? No. It plays a big role.

We have to have the only fanbase in the world that tries to find reasons to discredit their team’s successes.

If anything it may have sped up the commitments but I’m not going to disregard the recruiting of our staff by giving all the credit to Covid, I’ll leave that to soft shouldered fans like you.

But ok, I’ll play along. What commitments have we gotten that you don’t think we were capable of getting without Covid? Keep in mind the players that we just brought in the 2020 class please and don’t bring up Taylor because he hasn’t committed yet....

Advertisement
Plenty of guys committing to schools not in their neighborhoods during COVID. Keep being weak and thinking UM is a G5 program.

Ah yes. As usual the Farce comes with....nothing. This post is about Miami recruiting. Check the "neighborhoods" of our commits. Read some interviews with them. Try some research rather than just running your mouth.

We have to have the only fanbase in the world that tries to find reasons to discredit their team’s successes.

If anything it may have sped up the commitments but I’m not going to disregard the recruiting of our staff by giving all the credit to Covid, I’ll leave that to soft shouldered fans like you.

But ok, I’ll play along. What commitments have we gotten that you don’t think we were capable of getting without Covid? Keep in mind the players that we just brought in the 2020 class please and don’t bring up Taylor because he hasn’t committed yet....

1. If anything it may have sped up the commitments - yeah that is important. Think about what you just said. Commitments were not inevitable, right? If you follow recruiting you absolutely know that. And once a school gets a commitment it leverages that to hold on to the kid. Doesn't mean that always works, but that is what the school does. If you don't know that, then you don't know anyone who actually recruits. If you don't know anyone who actually recruits, then why did you even post about the reality of current recruiting?
2. but I’m not going to disregard the recruiting of our staff by giving all the credit to Covid - show me where I did that. In fact I said I thought this was a better recruiting staff.
3. But ok, I’ll play along. What commitments have we gotten that you don’t think we were capable of getting without Covid? - That is very gracious of you and we are all better off for it. Now, so that we are clear, I have no real idea about what any of these kids might have prioritized. Do you? Are you in their houses? Do you know what their thought processes are? If so, cite sources. You can also read some interviews and make your own decisions. And, no, I'm not going to hold your hand and take you to interviews. Do some research.

You probably don't know this, but soft shouldered means you can't handle the heavy lifting. I don't see any heaving lifting in your post. You just seem to be talking out of your soft ***.

Last edited:
Ah yes. As usual the Farce comes with....nothing. This post is about Miami recruiting. Check the "neighborhoods" of our commits. Read some interviews with them. Try some research rather than just running your mouth.
rustysuckedadyck, keep flapping that *****. You're clueless about recruiting and college football in general. This is about Miami recruiting like COVID is only in Miami, you dummy.

Keep parroting lame talking points about how we're suddenly killing it because of COVID when we're right around where we usually are in recruiting. Also, forget that we just brought in a bunch of recruiting dogs to replace sloths, and the dogs we already had on staff have gained another year of local connections in the community.

Find some guys who we have in place right now because of COVID. Find the quotes where they said they're committed because of COVID if you're such a facts guy, rube.

Advertisement
I feel like self-loathing UM fans will look for anything other than UM still being an attractive marquee program with incredible talent within walking distance of campus and some really good young dynamic recruiters on staff. You guys act like we've never had a top 15 class. We have them almost every **** year.

This whole COVID **** is being way overhyped as a reason for our good work in recruiting. If anything, COVID would make these dudes want to get the fck out of here and go see something different. They've been trapped in the same place with the same people for 4 months. They're probably stir crazy.

Maybe it’s helping a little bit where kids aren’t flying around getting free gifts from colleges.

BUT........I think Manny and his staff along with the hiring of locals who know the city as well as Diaz being kind of smooth are helping a lot as well.

rustysuckedadyck, keep flapping that *****. You're clueless about recruiting and college football in general. This is about Miami recruiting like COVID is only in Miami, you dummy.

Keep parroting lame talking points about how we're suddenly killing it because of COVID when we're right around where we usually are in recruiting. Also, forget that we just brought in a bunch of recruiting dogs to replace sloths, and the dogs we already had on staff have gained another year of local connections in the community.

Find some guys who we have in place right now because of COVID. Find the quotes where they said they're committed because of COVID if you're such a facts guy, rube.

Ah yes, the Farce again. So predictable. You have nothing to actually add, but you crave attention, so it goes like this....blah blah blah...name calling....blah blah blah...genetalia reference....blah blah blah...covertly cruising for same *** lover...blah blah blah...make **** up and hope nobody notices.... I am sure you remain, in your mind, the coolest kid in the 7th grade's back row.

I spoke with two recruiting people, on two different P5 football staffs, in two different conferences this morning . We talked specifically about the impact of COVD19. If you have such perspective please share it. But we all know you don't.

It is funny to hear you comment on football knowledge. You don't know anything. You run your mouth to mask your ignorance. The next time you have any fact to add will be the first time. Now off you go with your limited shtick. I'm sure you will try it again. You don't have anything else.

Oh, and this thread is exactly about Miami recruiting and how COVID impacts it. All you have to do is read the title. Read more, think more, and run your mouth much less.

Last edited:
Honestly who knows. I havent heard one recruit say their choosing a school and Covid played a factor in it

In case anyone wanted a recruit explaining the impact of COVID on their decision, here you go:

“I made the decision when I realized I couldn’t visit other schools, I didn’t want to wait anymore,” Ishmael said. “I grew up around Miami football and the campus so I’m already really familiar with everything and everyone.”

Now the Farce/moron will reply something like "But he has connections to campus...!" Yeah, dumb**s, that is the point. A recruit has whatever interest or connection and can't visit other schools, so he commits to what he has. And that is a direct result of COVID limiting visit options, even though there is no commitment deadline right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In case anyone wanted a recruit explaining the impact of COVID on their decision, here you go:

“I made the decision when I realized I couldn’t visit other schools, I didn’t want to wait anymore,” Ishmael said. “I grew up around Miami football and the campus so I’m already really familiar with everything and everyone.”

Now the Farce/moron will reply something like "But he has connections to campus...!" Yeah, dumb**s, that is the point. A recruit has whatever interest or connection and can't visit other schools, so he commits to what he has. And that is a direct result of COVID limiting visit options, even though there is no commitment deadline right now.

Only a complete moron would believe COVID hasn't improved our recruiting in any way.

Simple reality: it limited visits and being able to see what other schools were like, therefore it limited bags that could be disseminated....but it is also pretty short sighted not to think families of recruits wouldn't worry about their kids being too far from home.

Advertisement

There is some major league weak shlt in this thread with all the agreeing Covid is this big help. That’s actually what the turds are saying.

Like you said, it’s not like UM is some dump that they otherwise wouldn’t go to.

People are sticking close to home.
People are afraid to fly etc
This could definitely help us keep more of the local talent down in S Florida where family doesnt have to fly in for games etc.

Yes. I would imagine schools all over the country are taking advantage of local talent. That's good news for us.

Advertisement
Back