Is Chuck Pagano realistic?

MarshallCane

Sophomore
It seems like a forgone conclusion Irsay and Pagano are parting ways. Unless he gets the Ax during the season his last NFL regular season game is Jan. 3rd. Except they are most likely going to make the playoffs in the worst division in football and I dont remember a coach getting fired before going to the playoffs.

Jim Mora Playoffs! - YouTube

He's been brought up as a potential candidate by some notable people but a couple things..
Would Miami be willing to wait for him? Would he stay in the NFL? Would his health be an issue?

I could only imagine the staff he could bring with him.. (Butch Davis maybe?)
Im a Butch Davis Guy but if not him I want someone from the NFL Chuck, or Hue... I dont think Miami will get Herman OR Fuente..

The reason im asking is bc it seems most have written him off I rarely see anyone put him on their list of potential coaches. After Butch I think Pagano would be a great hire. Just not sure if its possible with all the hurdles.

IMG_3696.JPG

Advertisement
He would be tremendous. People are either too young, or forget how good a recruiter he was. You don't here his name among the local coaches because that was 15 years ago, and alums are hesitant to name him because he's an NFL head coach.

I was thinking this might be one of the options that was mentioned as seen potentially out of reach...

Advertisement
He would be tremendous. People are either too young, or forget how good a recruiter he was. You don't here his name among the local coaches because that was 15 years ago, and alums are hesitant to name him because he's an NFL head coach.

Don't start educating, they have no clue what a homerun Chuck Pagano would be. 33-15 last 3 yrs in NFL, beating top notch coaches. You think the ACC Coastal would be tough? NO BRAINER!

Don't start educating, they have no clue what a homerun Chuck Pagano would be. 33-15 last 3 yrs in NFL, beating top notch coaches. You think the ACC Coastal would be tough? NO BRAINER!

Was also the DB/ Special Teams Coach at the U for some of the most dominant units of all time. That being said idk if he is the answer. Though I wouldn't be mad.

I seriously think he could get another NFL HC gig. I don't know if he would even consider returning.

What does Pagano bring to the table above other candidates?

He fits most of the criteria we have mentioned in wanting in our next coach. He can recruit his *** off in Miami, hes proven, can put together a big dog staff.. not to mention hes a x & o's guy that would bring in a dominate defense.

Advertisement
I seriously wonder if Butch would take upwards of like $1 mil per and promise of the job if Pagano decides to go back to the NFL to be DC here? It's the only plausible scenario where Butch comes back in a non-HC role.

I seriously wonder if Butch would take upwards of like $1 mil per and promise of the job if Pagano decides to go back to the NFL to be DC here? It's the only plausible scenario where Butch comes back in a non-HC role.

I think we have different definitions of the word PLAUSIBLE!

This is a dream scenario... fapworthy.. We would win big time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back