Is Butch The Only Coach That Can Save Us?

Advertisement
If Butch walked into a recruits house with Ice and said look right now we are a dumpster fire like last time a took over, but I can and will get an ACCCG win and we will win bowls, and I will win more MNC and you are who I want. Who turns that down after The U pt.2 and seeing him put 100 guys into the NFL. He makes schit happen, and he is ruthless too.

Schiano would be a good fit at UM. Opposite of Golden, who I think could have had success at a place like BC or Rutgers, but is a horrible fit here.

No, there are plenty of coaches who could win at UM right now.

The thing that makes Butch so attractive is that he has the local street cred that will allow him to begin the turn around immediately. Moreover, I believe he can be had 'on the cheap.' That will allow UM to pay off golden while having Butch only making Randy Shannon dollars and have no buyout.

100%. Correct. If miami wants to play the " we do t have no money to buy out golden and pay for a new guy" card look no further than Butch davis. You can pay him a mil or so and pay for that ***** golden while miami builds another dynasty by year 3 tops.

Yeah, Butch would come cheap. They wouldn't have to pay him anymore than they do Golden.

Butch Davis
Mario Cristobal - how do we know he didn't come in, see how bad things were being run, and get out while he could?
Lane Kiffin
Ice Harris
Bill Clark (UAB) - C-USA coach of the year

Wow. Dropped Cristobal and Kiffin. Potential post of the day.

Advertisement
No but we know he can and will accept.

I think Kyle Whittingham would do it too.

And your thoughts on Schiano?

He'd be my fourth or fifth choice depending on nfl firings.
But I'm only listing coaches not at other schools so w no buyout.
If you want me to include coaches at other schools who I think we could afford I'd go

Butch
Rich Rod (? Not sure what his contract is now)
Whittingham
Chud

Depends on our price range though

If we are going to $4M then I would not consider Schiano at all

I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone worth a **** that we can pull given our cheap administration. Cristobal is a **** traitor and can't be trusted. Mark Stoops has a better job at UK, and Chud is too smart to comeback to this mess. Meanwhile Butch is literally DYING to save the U....it pains his heart to see the program in this state and he wants to right all wrongs before walking off into the sunset. This is the most frustrating part....Butch is right there for the taking...on his hands and knees screaming "Please Take Me Back!!" but our sissified leadership doesn't want to hurt the feelings of one Alfred Grohlden.

This is why the U will never be back. The majority of the funds we are able to get goes to academics to raise our scholastic profile. BOT doesn't want to be known as a football school anymore....they want to be Princeton. No stadium, tougher application for student athletes, no money for elite facilities and no money to pay for quality assistant coaches = the final curtain for Miami football.

We are UNLV basketball.

**** you! Stop destroying everything I hold dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tark was the DON.

If you want me to include coaches at other schools who I think we could afford I'd go

Butch
Whittingham
Chud

Please defend Schiano. Why would he be a good coach at UM?

Butch
Whittingham
Chud

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Case for Schiano. Coached here, and was highly regarded by the administration. Has good relationships with the south florida HS coaching community. Is a tough no nonsense coach. Plays an aggressive 4/3 defense that kids in South Florida would want to play in.

Case for Schiano. Coached here, and was highly regarded by the administration. Has good relationships with the south florida HS coaching community. Is a tough no nonsense coach. Plays an aggressive 4/3 defense that kids in South Florida would want to play in.

I want Butch, but I would be happy with Schiano. FWIW, I don't think it takes a great coach to win at UM. The talent level in our backyard is crazy. Just get a competent coach and we will be fine. Schiano would do fine IMO..

Every good AD has a prepared "short list" for coaches in major sports .... as in going pro or getting a better job
I do not think Blake is sharp enough to have a "short list" and given the lack of candidates last time " Golden from Temple"
Butch would look at this with a long term view rather than, reputation rehab stop over
he needs sr. level support facilities, support staff, competitive salaries for coaches.
Golden is 6th highest paid coach in ACC.....need to look at 3.0$ for HC 750-1m $for coordinators etc.
Donna has enjoyed cashing the checks, now the bill has come due

Seeing how Butch's game plan in the Bowl Game was to get the ball Clive Walford, I'm not sure he's the best choice.

But - he's better than Golden and maybe the best we can get.

I don't want to fire Golden only to find out no one wants the job, and make another lateral hire.

Advertisement
Seeing how Butch's game plan in the Bowl Game was to get the ball Clive Walford, I'm not sure he's the best choice.

But - he's better than Golden and maybe the best we can get.

I don't want to fire Golden only to find out no one wants the job, and make another lateral hire.

DID NOT MEAN TO REP!!!!

WILL NEG WITH GREAT VIGOR!!!!

Advertisement

How about sucked as an HC?

Butch as an immediate hire as HC shuts down the dissension in the locker room and runs Jimbo and Nick Saban out of town. All the Parents remember the '01 team and know who built it. They'd drop their kids off at the Greentree if Butch were Head Coach.

Butch is such a shrewd SOB, he'd probably bring Ice Harris' kid down from UF just to let Kaaya know that even his job wasn't safe.

Advertisement
Back