Is 12 ACC wins enough?

I was just looking at the schedule and we’ve put ourselves in such a hole with the home losses to UL and FSU things look more bleak than I realized.

I think 13 ACC wins has us in, 12 has us on the bubble.

Look at our remaining schedule and find me 12 wins.

Pitt
@NC St
VT
@UVA
UNC
@Clemson
@BC
Duke
GT
@UNC
BC
@FSU

Let’s say a miracle happens and we win our next 3, that puts us 7-4. We should be able to beat BC x2 and GT Which get us to 10 wins. That leaves us needing a minimum of 2 wins in 6 games against UNCx2 UVA Clemson Duke FSU. Not an easy task considering I didn’t take any upsets into account and I’m praying beating NC St is part of this equation.

It‘s all speculation at this point, but there is no way I see the team that has played January the way we have going 8-4 (or 9-3) over our next 12 games.

I do think we beat UNC or Duke at home for an upset in our favor.
Unless this team gets and stays health, 13 wins is unrealistic. I think best case scenario puts them at 11-9, but it could be worse. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean legitimately...why would any postseason tourney, including the NIT, want us right now? We've not played good basketball in weeks upon weeks.

I mean legitimately...why would any postseason tourney, including the NIT, want us right now? We've not played good basketball in weeks upon weeks.
IF Miami gets hot starting this Saturday, there's no reason why they won't be able to get into the postseason. A lot will depend on how they finish regular season and how deep they go in the ACC Tourney. We're currently 3 games (15-8) behind last year's team (18-5). Going 6-2 the rest of the way with another 2 wins in the ACC tournament would put us 23-11. Last season Pitt sneaked into the dance at 22-11, so anything is possible. GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
IF Miami gets hot starting this Saturday, there's no reason why they won't be able to get into the postseason. A lot will depend on how they finish regular season and how deep they go in the ACC Tourney. We're currently 3 games (15-8) behind last year's team (18-5). Going 6-2 the rest of the way with another 2 wins in the ACC tournament would put us 23-11. Last season Pitt sneaked into the dance at 22-11, so anything is possible. GO CANES!!!

No better oppty than a sell out home game against #3 in the country.

This team should be embarrassed, no question about it. They should have been after KY, Colorado, Louisville and FSY as well but it seems like they simply thought everything would work out. Now, with the season on a razor’s edge, will they do anything about it?

I was just looking at the schedule and we’ve put ourselves in such a hole with the home losses to UL and FSU things look more bleak than I realized.

I think 13 ACC wins has us in, 12 has us on the bubble.

Look at our remaining schedule and find me 12 wins.

Pitt
@NC St
VT
@UVA
UNC
@Clemson
@BC
Duke
GT
@UNC
BC
@FSU

Let’s say a miracle happens and we win our next 3, that puts us 7-4. We should be able to beat BC x2 and GT Which get us to 10 wins. That leaves us needing a minimum of 2 wins in 6 games against UNCx2 UVA Clemson Duke FSU. Not an easy task considering I didn’t take any upsets into account and I’m praying beating NC St is part of this equation.

It‘s all speculation at this point, but there is no way I see the team that has played January the way we have going 8-4 (or 9-3) over our next 12 games.

I do think we beat UNC or Duke at home for an upset in our favor.

We definitely need to win the home games.

Advertisement
Points for the optimism, but I just don't see it. This team hasn't done much lately to instill any sense of confidence that they're gonna turn things around against the heightened level of competition we're gonna be facing in the next little bit.

Points for the optimism, but I just don't see it. This team hasn't done much lately to instill any sense of confidence that they're gonna turn things around against the heightened level of competition we're gonna be facing in the next little bit.
Only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that we've been banged up the last few weeks and seems we've just had a run of bad luck. If we. can turn our luck around, I think things may get interesting, especially if we can get everyone back healthy. At least that's what I'm hoping for. 🤞

Advertisement
Back