IPF info

I work in RE development and finance. I don't trust a word, if you can understand it, that he has said.

There are thousands of bids that get received, some are hard bids and some are soft, but between the architect and the GC, and as long as they have the city's approval, there is no reason why some minor bids would delay the whole project.

Advertisement
I deal with this on a daily basis...architects shoot for the moon with finishes etc.hoping it will come in under a projected budget.When the bid comes in over the projected budget but close enough that the architect thinks it's doable they ask the GC for VE ideas which is normally done with the finishes.

But while this is going on the project can move forward with site work because this is very rarely if ever effected.

Just because they have asked the GC for value engineering Ideas does not mean that the project will be delayed or not be finished on time.

I deal with this on a daily basis...architects shoot for the moon with finishes etc.hoping it will come in under a projected budget.When the bid comes in over the projected budget but close enough that the architect thinks it's doable they ask the GC for VE ideas which is normally done with the finishes.

But while this is going on the project can move forward with site work because this is very rarely if ever effected.

Just because they have asked the GC for value engineering Ideas does not mean that the project will be delayed or not be finished on time.

Exactly. The school will just have to make decisions on which bells and whistles are important and which ones they'll scrap.

Advertisement
I guess the slide and the putt golf course will have to go. Dang Clemson will get all the recruits now.

Advertisement
Back