IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

Advertisement
I tested my own theory, and that number did not budge. Still 33,300,096 after I pitched in an Abe Lincoln.

Whoa! It went up $5! So, the numbers don't change over the weekend! This means, my $5 is literally the only money that got donated to this site since I posted! Total is now $33,300,101!

It doesn’t work that way.

People still fail to see the separation between the athletic department and the general operation of the academic side.
Just suspend any siphoning off of any "profit" on the athletic side of the ledger to the academic side. Until you come up with the Million + needed. Problem solved.

What's gonna happen if donations don't make up the balance? They gonna leave CMR with an unfinished facility? Good luck with that!

Just suspend any siphoning off of any "profit" on the athletic side of the ledger to the academic side. Until you come up with the Million + needed. Problem solved.

What's gonna happen if donations don't make up the balance? They gonna leave CMR with an unfinished facility? Good luck with that!

What **** part of "Whatever athletics makes, they get to keep" do you people not understand? For the last **** time, the academic side doesn't take a **** dime from the athletic department outside of actual, legit charges, or unless athletics turns a profit. Seeing that athletics rarely if ever turns a profit at Miami, that's a rare occurrence.

Advertisement
Xavier Thomas is from Florence, SC.... he transferred to IMG. Held his signing day at his high school here in SC.

FSU was in the mix with him until they had their awful season last year. If he was willing to spend his HS career in Florida we should still have a chance with him. Regardless we can use Ladson as an example instead or Trayvon Mullen. Dabo gets a lot of IMG kids every single year regardless of where they are from. He got the 5* SDE kid from Maryland who went to IMG and the other high 4* or 5* linebacker from Nashville that went to IMG. The point is Dabo does come to our High schools and takes kids who play in our high schools. We need to kick him out of here.

I'm going to have to go Chinese drywall on this :) , honest question here please

Does or has other U entity departments ever drawn from athletic funds to pay some of there needs , if so why can't IPF draw from there funds if need be ?

GOCANES

FSU was in the mix with him until they had their awful season last year. If he was willing to spend his HS career in Florida we should still have a chance with him. Regardless we can use Ladson as an example instead or Trayvon Mullen. Dabo gets a lot of IMG kids every single year regardless of where they are from. He got the 5* SDE kid from Maryland who went to IMG and the other high 4* or 5* linebacker from Nashville that went to IMG. The point is Dabo does come to our High schools and takes kids who play in our high schools. We need to kick him out of here.
IMG may be located in Florida, but the majority of kids are national at the school. You just named kids from out of state, but it doesn't matter. There is too many D1 prospects in South Florida in particular to not allow other schools to get their "share." So schools will always be able to sale that they get who they want in south Florida, it's a skewed reality really. FSU was never in the mix for Thomas, btw. Don't believe that hype. They believed they had a shot bc clemson's Dline coach went to the jags as you have seen, it didn't change anything.

I remember CMR said on the radio they'd have to skimp on interior bells and whistles if they remained short. However, with a $1M donation, that puts them over the top. I wish they'd confirm this on WQAM. It would look good to recruits.

So basically like someone who bought a big home, but had no furniture. I've come across a few of those cats in my lifetime, but they would've found a way.

Advertisement
The kid lived in Florida since the 5th grade and his whole family lives here. He literally moved back here because of his family. The kid is 100% an example of a Florida kid that got poached by Urban. This isn't some kid who just came down here for HS and flew back home for holidays and summer. Shaun Wade, Isiah Pryor, Petit Frere, Tyreke Johnson are just some of the top Florida kids Urban has on the team in the past 2 classes.

Just take the L and move on. So he was born and spent 11 years growing up from out of state. Growing up an Ohio State fan. His family is from there and probably were part of him being a fan of that team. Just because they moved does not change that they were still fans and still following that team. We got Shaq partly because his family is UM fans even though they were living in the middle of UF and FSU country.

I'm going to have to go Chinese drywall on this :) , honest question here please

Does or has other U entity departments ever drawn from athletic funds to pay some of there needs , if so why can't IPF draw from there funds if need be ?

GOCANES

no. the academic side of the university does not take money from athletics revenue, minus scholarship money that is specifically donated for that purpose by boosters. all athletics gets from the academic side is the athletics fee that is mandatory for undergrads, but optional for grad/law/med.

has it happened in the past? maybe when finances were kept on paper and in cabinets. but now with electronic records on everything, it's pretty much impossible, especially with the feds being far more diligent on auditing education lately.

the ipf cannot be funded by money donated to the academic side of the university, nor can it draw from the university's operating budget because it has nothing to do with academics (federal education funding laws are very restricting on how and where money is spent, even donated money). the only money that can be used on athletics that is not operating or sponsorship revenue is money specifically donated to athletics, and that is the same at every accredited, federally-funded university. not sure how many different ways you need to be told this in this same thread.

Last edited:
IMG may be located in Florida, but the majority of kids are national at the school. You just named kids from out of state, but it doesn't matter. There is too many D1 prospects in South Florida in particular to not allow other schools to get their "share." So schools will always be able to sale that they get who they want in south Florida, it's a skewed reality really. FSU was never in the mix for Thomas, btw. Don't believe that hype. They believed they had a shot bc clemson's Dline coach went to the jags as you have seen, it didn't change anything.

His dad was the one that stated FSU was in the running. I agree that we can never lockdown IMG but the original poster was saying that Dabo has 0 Florida kids on his team and he has no ties to the Florida schools. I was just proving him wrong. The other point I was making was Dabo pulls IMG kids from all over the country not just the kids from SC. We should be able to pull some IMG kids that are from Florida atleast and try to get some to stay here for college.

Just take the L and move on. So he was born and spent 11 years growing up from out of state. Growing up an Ohio State fan. His family is from there and probably were part of him being a fan of that team. Just because they moved does not change that they were still fans and still following that team. We got Shaq partly because his family is UM fans even though they were living in the middle of UF and FSU country.

Then why did he decide to move back less than a year later? You take the L you thought the kid spent his entire life in Ohio and where blatantly wrong. The kids entire family lives in Florida. He spent 10 years in Indiana and thats including his baby years which don't count. He spent another 9 years in Florida and his whole family lives their. If he was really an Indiana guy when he his family got sick he would have stayed close to his family in Indiana/Ohio not move across the country to Florida. So do you think if Shaq got home sick he would move to Ohio?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve watched that page for along time and they received plenty of donations since they updated it and that’s a fact

But you haven't donated anything. They don't update it on the weekend, but if you donate they will increase the total during the week. Go look at my posts. It increased $5 after I donated that money. If you don't believe me, cough up a whopping $5 to prove the point!

Plus why the **** would the school pay it themselves when they are confident they can raise the money through donations?

...Some people are really stupid man.

That's just it. That $1M+ "balance" has been on the books for awhile now. I very much doubt they are fully confident the money can be raised through donations, or if it can, that it won't take forever. My point was why can't the "academic side" - for once - be the magnanimous donor.

Lastly, is construction gonna stop or be suspended if the "balance" if still outstanding?

That's just it. That $1M+ "balance" has been on the books for awhile now. I very much doubt they are fully confident the money can be raised through donations, or if it can, that it won't take forever. My point was why can't the "academic side" - for once - be the magnanimous donor.

Lastly, is construction gonna stop or be suspended if the "balance" if still outstanding?

If I know my Chinese drywall instincts like I do .
GC signed contract to construct IPF for a said amount and agreed completion date.
Each month usually 25th of each month all contractors put in for their draw or payments for labor materials and so on.

If payment is not received a NOTICE TO OWNER of NONE payment will occur, then finger pointing and letters start flying.

Work will stop and liquidate damages start pulling up usually $ 10-20 K A DAY.

FUNDS ARE THERE BUT ITS SECRET.. NO PROBLEM I ASSURE U.

The U doesn’t want any more embarrassment then they all ready have with begging for donations.

Again this is a shot Chinese drywall symnobsis st best

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back