Iowa State??

CaneinBroward

Recruit
Look, Iowa State is having a nice season, but 3 spots ahead of Miami? They have one more loss than Miami and one of those losses was by 17 points at home to Louisiana, not LSU, the freaking Ragin Cajuns!!

Georgia being ahead with 2 losses sucks as well, but they lost to #1 and #6. With the SEC bias, I expect it. Iowa State though? Geez.

Advertisement
Iowa state is moving up at a rapid pace so the Big 12 can have some type of representation in playoff discussion. See how it’s playing out Iowa St is 7 and Oklahoma 10 so whoever wins that game can sky rocket and be in the discussion to justify conference.

the committee sucks and at least with NCAA hoops tourney we have an idea of how they pick teams.

Iowa state is moving up at a rapid pace so the Big 12 can have some type of representation in playoff discussion. See how it’s playing out Iowa St is 7 and Oklahoma 10 so whoever wins that game can sky rocket and be in the discussion to justify conference.

the committee sucks and at least with NCAA hoops tourney we have an idea of how they pick teams.
Great post

Advertisement
They haven’t done chit to deserve that ranking. Lost to Louisiana 31-14, lost to OK.State and most other games were within a possession minus last week and against K-State. This HC is getting way too much cred. Hire/win something or get off the pot. Big 12 is weak

Jesus. Let's lay this out, shall we. Ahead of Miami is:

Georgia
-2 loss team
-6 wins against teams with a combined 18-36 record
-The best win is against 5-4 Auburn
-4 of the 6 teams they beat have 3 or less wins, the other has 4, and Auburn has 5. They have 1 win over a .500 team. Miami has beaten four .500 or better teams
-They beat 4-6 Kentucky 14-3, they beat 2-6 Miss State 31-24...and that was 2 games ago

Iowa State
-2 loss team
-Of the 8 wins they have those teams have a 33-40 record (Almost the exact same as Miami)
-They have 4 wins over .500 teams (same as Miami)
-Best win is against 7-2 Oklahoma, who is somehow ranked 11 (Miami beat an 8 win team in NC State)
-They lost to a 6-3 OK State team and lost BY 17 POINTS to a Louisiana team who has beaten Ga Southern, Ga State, UAB, Arkansas State, and App State by one score each.

What...the...ef is going on?

Last edited:
Look, Iowa State is having a nice season, but 3 spots ahead of Miami? They have one more loss than Miami and one of those losses was by 17 points at home to Louisiana, not LSU, the freaking Ragin Cajuns!!

Georgia being ahead with 2 losses sucks as well, but they lost to #1 and #6. With the SEC bias, I expect it. Iowa State though? Geez.
Louisiana would beat LSU this year though. Too bad they don't play.

Advertisement
Does this really matter? We have 0.1% chance of making the playoffs, and honestly we have no business being in the playoffs this season. We control our own destiny, if we simply take care of business. I don't get why folks are getting so upset over this. Beat UNC.

As I said last week, Iowa State has an argument in a resume battle with Miami. 3 spots ahead is a little much, but last week when they were 9 and we were 10, I didn't have much of an issue.

UGA is the one that's ridiculous. They played 2 good teams all year, and got smashed by both. Not lost. Smashed. They have 0 good wins. Arkansas is 3-6, Auburn is 5-4 and unranked, Tennessee is 2-6, Kentucky is 4-6, Mississippi State is 2-6, and USCe is 2-8.

So they have 1 win against a team with a winning record, and it's a 5-4 Auburn. 0 wins over ranked teams. Their 6 wins are against teams that are a combined 18-33. They lost by 17 to Bama, at home. And lost to 16 to the gator, on a neutral field.

NO REASON they are ranked #9 and ahead of a 1 loss Miami. Zero.

Jesus. Let's lay this out, shall we. Ahead of Miami is:

Georgia
-2 loss team
-6 wins against teams with a combined 18-36 record
-The best win is against 5-4 Auburn
-4 of the 6 teams they beat have 3 or less wins, the other has 4, and Auburn has 5. They have 1 win over a .500 team. Miami has beaten four .500 or better teams
-They beat 4-6 Kentucky 14-3, they beat 2-6 Miss State 31-24...and that was 2 games ago

Iowa State
-2 loss team
-Of the 8 wins they have those teams have a 33-40 record (Almost the exact same as Miami)
-They have 4 wins over .500 teams (same as Miami)
-Best win is against 7-2 Oklahoma, who is somehow ranked 11 (Miami beat an 8 win team in NC State)
-They lost to a 6-3 OK State team and lost BY 17 POINTS to a Louisiana team who has beaten Ga Southern, Ga State, UAB, Arkansas State, and App State by one score each.

What...the...ef is going on?
Great break down.
It looks like one of those spots ahead of us are earmarked for the Big XII champ.
Top 4, Cincy and Big XII champ will stay ahead of us.

Our highest possible ranking is 7th....
if we win out.

The poster who said that they want to try and at least get a Big 12 representative in there since this could end up being an all ACC-SEC playoff, if OSU isnt eligible, was spot on. (Clemson-ND-Bama-TAMU) So that theory makes total sense. Keep Iowa State and OU within striking distance in case ND by chance beats Clemson and knocks them out of contention. If UF beats Bama..TAMU is out and UF is in. Bama is in regardless win or lose IMO. If Clemson beats ND...I think ND is still in. The only spot up for grabs is Clemsons. And that could go to a Big 12 team possibly. (Or OSU). IF OSU becomes eligible somehow, then TAMU is out. So this thing is far from over. Committee has to wait for alot of things to play out first.

Like another poster said, the committee knows that we arent going to the playoff so no reason to keep us within the top 7 right now. When the final poll comes out and if we are 10-1 we will get the NY6 bid and the committee will make sure our ranking is where it needs to be to warrant that bid. It will all play itself out in the end. The UNC game is for the NY6 bowl bid. Period.

Advertisement
As I said last week, Iowa State has an argument in a resume battle with Miami. 3 spots ahead is a little much, but last week when they were 9 and we were 10, I didn't have much of an issue.

UGA is the one that's ridiculous. They played 2 good teams all year, and got smashed by both. Not lost. Smashed. They have 0 good wins. Arkansas is 3-6, Auburn is 5-4 and unranked, Tennessee is 2-6, Kentucky is 4-6, Mississippi State is 2-6, and USCe is 2-8.

So they have 1 win against a team with a winning record, and it's a 5-4 Auburn. 0 wins over ranked teams. Their 6 wins are against teams that are a combined 18-33. They lost by 17 to Bama, at home. And lost to 16 to the gator, on a neutral field.

NO REASON they are ranked #9 and ahead of a 1 loss Miami. Zero.

UGA played Bama in Tuscaloosa but yes, point taken and 10000% agree. UGA being at 8 is the biggest joke of the top 25 and I would pay to hear them explain that one.

The poster who said that they want to try and at least get a Big 12 representative in there since this could end up being an all ACC-SEC playoff, if OSU isnt eligible, was spot on. (Clemson-ND-Bama-TAMU) So that theory makes total sense. Keep Iowa State and OU within striking distance in case ND by chance beats Clemson and knocks them out of contention. If UF beats Bama..TAMU is out and UF is in. Bama is in regardless win or lose IMO. If Clemson beats ND...I think ND is still in. The only spot up for grabs is Clemsons. And that could go to a Big 12 team possibly. (Or OSU). IF OSU becomes eligible somehow, then TAMU is out. So this thing is far from over. Committee has to wait for alot of things to play out first.

Like another poster said, the committee knows that we arent going to the playoff so no reason to keep us within the top 7 right now. When the final poll comes out and if we are 10-1 we will get the NY6 bid and the committee will make sure our ranking is where it needs to be to warrant that bid. It will all play itself out in the end. The UNC game is for the NY6 bowl bid. Period.
Osu is already eligible. There is no minimum game requirement for the playoffs

Does anyone else get punished for close wins against mediocre teams besides Miami? ****, Iowa state got smoked by Louisiana and they get rewarded for it. Once they get crushed by Oklahoma, they’ll drop but Oklahoma will take their spot. Don’t even get me started on Georgia. At least ISU has beaten Oklahoma and Texas. Georgia hasn’t beaten anybody and got smoked by the two good teams they actually played.

It’s not about making the playoff this season. That’s not happening. It’s about the committee’s bias. If they’ll purposely keep a one loss Miami team behind multiple two loss teams, what would stop them from keeping a playoff worthy Miami team out of the top 4 in future seasons? It’s not like they just pick a top 4 and everyone else is unranked. They rank teams from 5-25.

Advertisement
UGA played Bama in Tuscaloosa but yes, point taken and 10000% agree. UGA being at 8 is the biggest joke of the top 25 and I would pay to hear them explain that one.

My bad, you're right. The Bama/UGA game was in Tuscaloosa. And UGA is #9 currently, not #8, but still ridiculous that they're in the Top 10.

I don’t care what justification you make.
Iowa State And UGA have zero business business being ranked ahead of Miami. They both have 2 losses. Miami has beaten multiple ranked teams and only lost to Clemson at Clemson with Trevor playing. The ONLY excuse was prior to blowing out Duke because some games were close against average opponents. After blowing out Duke at Duke on short notice there’s ZERO excuse. It was a 48 point shutout against a P5 opponent. There isn’t one team ahead of Miami that’s accomplished that this season.
Looking forward, if UM throttles UNC this weekend and Gtech the following...I don’t know how UM should not be considered for the CFP. Especially over Notre Dame if they lose to Clemson or Alabama if they lose to FL. For 70 years it was always said that you can overcome an early season loss but not one in late November/December and still play for a championship. So why all of a sudden is Bama and ND guaranteed these spots over a UM team that lost early to arguably the best team in CFB at their field early on. UM would be the classic team that got better as the season went on and crushed their opponents. That should be rewarded. It’s completely *** backwards what’s going on right now with the ranking systems.

Does anyone else get punished for close wins against mediocre teams besides Miami? ****, Iowa state got smoked by Louisiana and they get rewarded for it. Once they get crushed by Oklahoma, they’ll drop but Oklahoma will take their spot. Don’t even get me started on Georgia. At least ISU has beaten Oklahoma and Texas. Georgia hasn’t beaten anybody and got smoked by the two good teams they actually played.

It’s not about making the playoff this season. That’s not happening. It’s about the committee’s bias. If they’ll purposely keep a one loss Miami team behind multiple two loss teams, what would stop them from keeping a playoff worthy Miami team out of the top 4 in future seasons? It’s not like they just pick a top 4 and everyone else is unranked. They rank teams from 5-25.
This right here... I have less of an issue with Iowa st at least they’ve beaten some good teams... uga is insane. Same goes with UnC for that matter, they may beat us but they have no business being ranked 17, they lost to fsu for gods sake... definitely seems better to lose games than win close ones vs inferior teams

Advertisement
Back