Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

Advertisement
I wish we knew what this coaching staff really thought about our team when they saw our squad roll out during that first practice last year. Mario is recruiting some size and length at all the D positions. Nice pick up Mario. Go Canes

I wish we knew what this coaching staff really thought about our team when they saw our squad roll out during that first practice last year. Mario is recruiting some size and length at all the D positions. Nice pick up Mario. Go Canes
He saw what he saw😂 then proceeded to give everyone a chance to prove they had that dude in them(pause). 20+ to the portal. GO CANES🧡💚. Just a guess

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid looks like an adult and that's because he is. If he wants any shot at the NFL, he should take a starting spot and crush special teams. This might be the most underrated portal guy for us.

He'll have no problem taking a starting spot. Like you said, likely underrated by most, but IMO he's possibly the most valuable pickup for us. You don't want to start a true frosh at corner and hate saying it, but the guys we have leave a **** ton to be desired.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but this kid turns 23 in August. One final year of eligibility. He should be absolutely all business and a nice veteran leader for kids like Graves, etc. And you can say a lot about Iowa, but one thing I know for sure is if you play defense for Kirk Ferentz, you're part of a professional organization. That dude and program is ALL business. Hope this kid is healthy and can run, he will get every opportunity to play.

Was it just injury issues and Iowa decided to move on? I mean if everything you are saying is 100% accurate seems odd for him to be in the portal no?

7C5E18D1-0909-41A4-A6F5-DC80D1160DEB.jpeg

Ohh the irony?

Advertisement
This changes our overall D. Now, having Damonte on one side and Robert’s on the other, along with a good group of youngsters from the last two classes, makes it so the DC, whoever that is, can now be more aggressive. With an improved pass rush, which I believe we have with the DL we brought in, and an improved LB room, our D should be at least top 3-4 in the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back