Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

Advertisement
Quietly putting together a very solid Portal Class. Not necessarily the big names but guys who have proven they can play.

Good pick up!
Agreed. Compare who we picked up early in portal last year compared to who we’ve gotten before spring this year and it’s night and day. I believe every portal player we’ve secured besides gore has a high likelihood of starting

Advertisement
Not sure if it's been mentioned but this kid turns 23 in August. One final year of eligibility. He should be absolutely all business and a nice veteran leader for kids like Graves, etc. And you can say a lot about Iowa, but one thing I know for sure is if you play defense for Kirk Ferentz, you're part of a professional organization. That dude and program is ALL business. Hope this kid is healthy and can run, he will get every opportunity to play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Experts on here were calling him a JAG tho :sideeyes:
I don’t know which “experts” were calling him a JAG, but that’s ridiculous. I watched this kid throughout his high school career as a two way player on a perennial PA state championship contending team. He holds the single season receiving yards record for the school. Due to coaching connections, the high school is a pipeline to Iowa where they wanted him to play DB because of his fluidity and physicality. He’s been well coached throughout his career and most importantly, the the kid is a workhorse and has that dawg in him.

I spoke with his family last week and he’s ecstatic to be a Cane and ready to work!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back