Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

Advertisement
We desperately need a starting level CB. Our depth chart in the position group is non-existent

From @GojiraCane roster thread, we have 6 guys for 2.5 positions -- Graves, Devonte, Couch, Porter, Harris and Curtis -- plus 2-3 freshmen. I know true freshmen can contribute and even start at CB. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them earns starting snaps at some point this year. But this is nowhere near a championship roster at this time. Must upgrade.

1673550762740.png

p.s., I'm not saying Roberts is the answer. I'd rather have a taller CB since many of our veteran guys are well below 6'. There are now a lot of CBs in the portal. We need at least 1 of them that fills our holes at the position.

CB is an area of immediate need for a starting caliber player.

You're a wild man if you rely on Cormani McClain to be HIM right away...even Derek Stingley, Jalen Ramsey, and Pat Surtain got toasted up as freshmen in far better defensive backfields. If he enrolls, I expect him to play a lot...will probably start...but you want at least two real deal veterans to start off the year. If one is to be Davonte Brown, thats cool. But you need another. We can't be going into the year with Couch and (I assume) Daryl Porter rotating as your CB2 and Nickel guy to start the year.

Also, Harris and Graves need to step up, for sure. These guys need to be ready. Would get worried if they are unplayable types this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No commitment post or anything...not by Roberts or Mario or anyone else for that matter. Not even on 247Sports. If this kid is really enrolled...wow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Terry Roberts Iowa CB grad transfer. Haven’t seen anything since the news that he was supposed to visit last weekend.
Did he make his visit? Are we still in play for him? I was hoping we would land him. I thought he was a perfect one year rental to hold a spot down until the young pups grow up.
On3 has it a battle between wv and penn st which we apparently won $$$

Still though, Throw that cormani money at singletary

Jump in here experts, but if I'm not mistaken Steele had a nickel-type (Couch) play what would've been the Striker role from Manny's D. Roberts would seems the perfect fit for that role. A little under-sized, but not tiny AND tackles. ST's a bonus. Nice pickup.
No expert but striker under Diaz is more hybrid safety/lb and physical. Absolutely nothing like the players Steele has used

Advertisement
Back