Introducing Progress Web App (PWA)

Andrew

All American
Administrator
You can now install CanesInSight as a progressive web app on all devices with the exception of Apple iOS devices.

This is a new standard and I expect the benefits to continue to expand. Obviously Apply refusing to support on iOS devices is a big deal.

A PWA comes with the following benefits:
- Unread message and alerts indicated on website icon on the device (see my screenshot below)
- Behaves like a native app
- Provides error when browsing offline

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 9.52.48 PM.png

Advertisement
You can now install CanesInSight as a progressive web app on all devices with the exception of Apple iOS devices.

This is a new standard and I expect the benefits to continue to expand. Obviously Apply refusing to support on iOS devices is a big deal.

A PWA comes with the following benefits:
- Unread message and alerts indicated on website icon on the device (see my screenshot below)
- Behaves like a native app
- Provides error when browsing offline

View attachment 125269
Over my head. I'll just stick to the regular channels. Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of this new option?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Over my head. I'll just stick to the regular channels. Out of curiosity, what's the benefit of this new option?
For anyone using a device not running iOS you no have push notifications and notification badging. Basically this delivers everything an app would on any device outside of iOS. It was the best thing Xenforo could do without releasing a native app, which would not support any customization we have done on the site.

Advertisement
For anyone using a device not running iOS you no have push notifications and notification badging. Basically this delivers everything an app would on any device outside of iOS. It was the best thing Xenforo could do without releasing a native app, which would not support any customization we have done on the site.
Thanks! Having iOS eliminates me from the feature/s but I appreciate your constantly making upgrades to the site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back