Introducing "Dark" style future styling updates

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Users are now able to select the "Dark" style by clicking the paintbrush at the bottom fo the page or by selecting the style under "Preferences". This style is in beta so please report any issues.

In the future, we will give users the option to select autodetect, dark, or light styles. Autodetect will use your browser preference.

Advertisement
Dark mode is 🔥. I was disappointed when it went it glad you guys brought it back
It was an accident that is was available when it was. I think only admins can use styles not enabled. After finishing everything I turned it back on yesterday and informed moderators. I was on the site a decent amount of time today and didn't come across any issues, which is why I made the post.

Advertisement
2D40ED9E-1F9D-4673-8FEA-26F467101D8D.jpeg

Advertisement
@Andrew anyway you can change the format of read/unread threads? Currently its bold white if unread and unbold white if read. Its difficult to see at first glance.

Just a recommendation.

Dam my boss is going to notice this way to easily...Peering over my shoulder like TF he doing.

Advertisement
@Andrew anyway you can change the format of read/unread threads? Currently its bold white if unread and unbold white if read. Its difficult to see at first glance.

Just a recommendation.
Your point is good but I still don't know the solution. One challenge we have as a site dedicated to one team is that we should only use team colors and grays. If orange wasn't some blinding then I could utilize it in place of many of the white links. Using bold as unread is pretty standard with forums. If there is another method that would help then I would love to implement it.

Dam my boss is going to notice this way to easily...Peering over my shoulder like TF he doing.
Eventually I will have it autodetect by default so it will be light colors on my work PC and dark colors on all other.

Advertisement
Your point is good but I still don't know the solution. One challenge we have as a site dedicated to one team is that we should only use team colors and grays. If orange wasn't some blinding then I could utilize it in place of many of the white links. Using bold as unread is pretty standard with forums. If there is another method that would help then I would love to implement it.
No worries. It isn't too bad, just wanted to provide feedback. I'm digging thr dark though. I'm used to it as I used dark theme at work where I am in Microsoft office suite 95% of the day.

Advertisement
Back