Intimidation

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen another ranked opponent be so **** intimidated by our Canes.

Probably since 03; FSU rain game.

I think last night was probably a combination of the environment of Hard rock and the sheer speed of our team - Notre Dame wanted no parts of this squad.

Was just watching the game. The look on their quarterback and their starting rb (alleged Heisman candidate) after Jaquan’s INT was priceless. Been a minute since I’ve seen that scared, holy **** look.

Advertisement
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Miami physically beat them down. VT took a beating the week before and it showed against GT.

Advertisement
They started to see it on their first drive and then knew for certain on their second drive that they didn't sign up for this sht. You could see on Kelly's face in the first half that the game was over.

I read they threw a beer bottle at the ND team bus when it got to the stadium?

I read they threw a beer bottle at the ND team bus when it got to the stadium?

Fh8eXnl.gif

Advertisement
Richt, Diaz, Banda, Rumph, the whole staff had the team prepared first and foremost. When you're able to have 5 or 6 defenders around the ball repeatedly on the first few series, and the crowd really starts to get on you, that wears on your offense mentally. ND coaches had no plan, or answer. Not that it would have mattered much in terms of outcome, it was just our night, but you have to be able to settle your team down and find something with a chance of success.

Flip the page to our offense. Richt was ready with the wildcat formation. It gave our offense a spark and sense of balance that we had bullets in the chamber to respond on offense. Now, we hadn't shown that this year. That's true, but, part of being an elite coach is looking beyond what's on film and doing some work on things you might see. It is clear we needed something to get the ball moving in certain situations. Not saying you would have landed on Wildcat, but, we have a former HS QB on the team who we've been featuring more week to week. They ran some spread option stuff they hadn't shown much, and we absolutely killed it. JJ#4 in particular was prepped very well for it.

All of this is coaching. And all of it matters. We got some badasses who were hungry, but I am sorry, if your team looks like a deer in the headlights, they ain't prepared to play. Their staff owns a lot of that.

Were about 70% of what we can be. The crazy thing is, Miami at 70% is good enought to win it all. ****, we only have 73 scholly players.

They started to see it on their first drive and then knew for certain on their second drive that they didn't sign up for this sht. You could see on Kelly's face in the first half that the game was over.

Agree. Haven’t seen that in a while.

They conceded in the second quarter.

They were terrified and totally shell shocked by the atmosphere. I knew we were much better, but I got confident that we would blow them out when Kelly said he’s treating this game the same as all others. Our kids didn’t. They wanted to show out on the national stage.

Advertisement
Adams ******* quit, that was how complete and brutal that beatdown was. Dude cried no mas

Were about 70% of what we can be. The crazy thing is, Miami at 70% is good enought to win it all. ****, we only have 73 scholly players.

This I keep telling all the SEC lovers in Louisiana that the scary part is we are young and not even at %100 strength.. the moment has arrived gents

Advertisement
#34 for the domers was the best tackler...too bad he was an offensive player for them...made 2 tackles on INT's

They were rattled early. You could see the body language of their players. Their rb was knocked out of the game and starting qb benched by mid second quarter, that's stunning.

Herbstreit said it may have been the loudest stadium he's ever been in. Their lb said in postgame comments it was the loudest place he's played. The ND fans sitting next to me on the plane ride home said they couldn't believe how loud the stadium was. It was nuts and we finally have a nice homefield advantage back again.

Advertisement
Back