Interesting stat via SOTU

You're one of the main ones that push that dumb narrative.

When has the Defense ever not been held accountable? Yall do nothing but blame them for everything, even in threads where we're not even discussing the Defense they get brought up.

This is ain't the NFL, even Defenses like Bama & Oh St loaded with 4/5-star studs all over get lit up from time to time.
I dare you to post a stat the Offense is top 10-20 in.
Ain’t no dumb narrative to push, the defense has more talent so they should be more dominant and I dont See a malik rosier on that side of the ball ******* sh*t up. Not to mention the defense was Healthy too and wasn’t missing players like the caliber of mark Walton, Chris Herndon and ahmmon richards(played 7 games and was hurt and not healthy period)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ain’t no dumb narrative to push, the defense has more talent so they should be more dominant and I dont See a malik rosier on that side of the ball ******* sh*t up. Not to mention the defense was Healthy too and wasn’t missing players like the caliber of mark Walton, Chris Herndon and ahmmon richards(played 7 games and was hurt and not healthy period)
Maybe if we put Rosier on D he could get them off the field faster. God knows it works for the O.

I have yet to see anyone say the offense is fine. Can someone link me to that?

Ain’t no dumb narrative to push, the defense has more talented so they should be more dominant and I dont See a malik rosier on that side of the ball ******* sh*t up. Not to mention the defense was Healthy too and wasn’t missing players like the caliber of mark Walton, Chris Herndon and ahmmon richards(played 7 games and was hurt and not healthy period)
The Defense has more talent? Therein lies the problem.

Maybe you don't pay attention, but our secondary has needed a Grad Transfer & a Juco for 2 going on 3 years in a row. The DLine has also had injuries all along the line.

We've had a loaded WR corp for 3 years now, had a bunch of 4-star backs that were more than capable. It's also funny to se people leaning on losing Walton, when many of yall were the same ones who said our Offense would be better without him, there were actual threads on that very topic.

We haven't had the depth at Safety, or LB until is season. But again, the O has a backfield full of 4-star RB's, the WR corp will be as loaded as it's been in a decade once Pope & Ezzard join the group already on campus. The TE group will be bringing in 2 4-star kids with 5-star talent.

If the O is bad again this year, what excuses will be made this time?

Advertisement
You're one of the main ones that push that dumb narrative.

When has the Defense ever not been held accountable? Yall do nothing but blame them for everything, even in threads where we're not even discussing the Defense they get brought up.

This is ain't the NFL, even Defenses like Bama & Oh St loaded with 4/5-star studs all over get lit up from time to time.
I dare you to post a stat the Offense is top 10-20 in.
-4th down conversion percentage (T10)
-Fumbles lost (T4)
-passing yards per completion (21st)
-Red zone offense (15)

The Defense has more talent? Therein lies the problem.

Maybe you don't pay attention, but our secondary has needed a Grad Transfer & a Juco for 2 going on 3 years in a row. The DLine has also had injuries all along the line.

We've had a loaded WR corp for 3 years now, had a bunch of 4-star backs that were more than capable. It's also funny to se people leaning on losing Walton, when many of yall were the same ones who said our Offense would be better without him, there were actual threads on that very topic.

We haven't had the depth at Safety, or LB until is season. But again, the O has a backfield full of 4-star RB's, the WR corp will be as loaded as it's been in a decade once Pope & Ezzard join the group already on campus. The TE group will be bringing in 2 4-star kids with 5-star talent.

If the O is bad again this year, what excuses will be made this time?
This years team is far more loaded offensively than any of the teams since the early 2000s so we should be a potent offense. And just because you bring in a grad transfer don’t mean a unit isn’t good. A lot of teams do it every year period.

And yes they had more talent

Looking at potentially 5-6 draft picks on the dline from 2017( Thomas,McIntosh, Norton, joe Jackson, djack?)
The linebackers- have nfl futures
Db- nfl future secondary especially Jackson and jaquan).

On offense
After Walton went down we had one 4star at running back and a converted athlete(4star) who just switched to the position.

Oline- you know the drill it isn’t that talented collectively but they played okay

Qb- malik rosier(no nfl future)

Tight end- behind Herndon not much

Receiver- Berrios, richards, Thomas we’re the only receivers to show something last year. Cager and langham has their moments

So yes I can Definitively say Diaz was working with more talent than the offense in 2017..... it won’t be the same case in 2018 because the offensive recruiting was elite but the 2018 defense will be ridiculously talented as well

All stats matter and vary directly with personnel. If I were scouting UM, I would use the same approach most teams do:
On 3rd down, tell the OL to hold like **** and target the weakest link in the secondary.
1. Refs won't call it
2. We've had a lot of weak links over the the last decade+

What we need to do is sacrifice Malik this year. Every 3rd down for the O should be a 1 read and tuck it.
No more progressions, ridiculous sacks and INTs; Just run it and get the 1st or save the field position...
Until one of the young gunners can take over - Science.

Advertisement
“It’s not the job of the offense to give the defense a rest. The job of the offense is to score points. It’s the defens’s job to get themselves off the field.” - Mark Richt last season when asked if using tempo risked tiring out the defense.

Advertisement
Back