interesting stat on steve morris

CINCYCANESFAN

Sophomore
Premium
he has 6 INTS on 3rd down, do you think he is trying to hard or do they need to put him in a better situation to be successful.

Advertisement
I think, even though some will disagree, that his injury has messed up his mechanics and throwing motion. I think he is throwing more INTs now because of these poor mechanics.

I think, even though some will disagree, that his injury has messed up his mechanics and throwing motion. I think he is throwing more INTs now because of these poor mechanics.

You can't argue that, but geez, it's not like he was on crutches for 12 months. How hard is it to settle back into it? (Really asking) And not sure how the ankle affects the J12 like decision making.

We need SM from last 1/3 of 2012 and we win out. Gosh he needs to get it together.

Advertisement

You can't argue that, but geez, it's not like he was on crutches for 12 months. How hard is it to settle back into it? (Really asking) And not sure how the ankle affects the J12 like decision making.

We need SM from last 1/3 of 2012 and we win out. Gosh he needs to get it together.

I am not a football scientist, when I played I was mostly on defense (some TE). I don't know the intricacies of the position. So to me it makes sense that when you injure your leg, you would favor the other one.

I would take his performance against USF the rest of the way.

Advertisement
The kid just has to stop making bonehead throws. Coley isn't throwing. Morris needs to check down or throw it away.

Last edited:
It depends on what happens and what he feels when he transfers his weight cuz there is where problem lies. He is either shying away from transferring all his weight or doesn't transfer it at all. The fact that they have been so vague about what exactly the injury is, its hard to speculate.

Advertisement
SteMo should use Randy Ortons theme song voices, because what is wrong with this dude is all in his head. Everything else to be a great QB is there. Where he lacks is mentally.

Advertisement
He'd rather loft one up for grabs instead of take a sack on 3rd down

This. Or he thinks his arm can do things it can't.

Mechanics don't affect decision making in that regard.

His bum ankle doesn't flip the switch to Gunslinger Mode. He's already there.

He'd rather loft one up for grabs instead of take a sack on 3rd down

This. Or he thinks his arm can do things it can't.

Mechanics don't affect decision making in that regard.

His bum ankle doesn't flip the switch to Gunslinger Mode. He's already there.

he's doing his best favre impressions out there for sure. his career td-int ratio is worse than jacory's after unc.

He's making bad decisions. A few of them have been bad throws (which can be injury related) but most have been the result of him throwing into traffic which is more on the brain then on his ankle hurting.

Advertisement
Back