Interesting SOS stat

Advertisement
Objectively speaking last seasons schedule and even the one before was very hard. Glad it happened as it led to where we are now but we got clemson in 2020 otherwise we would have had one loss heading into Unc

And then we drew Bama and Michigan state both who were top 5 teams last year

Advertisement
Objectively speaking last seasons schedule and even the one before was very hard. Glad it happened as it led to where we are now but we got clemson in 2020 otherwise we would have had one loss heading into Unc

And then we drew Bama and Michigan state both who were top 5 teams last year
yeah we picked the one bad year to play MSU when they had a Heisman trophy level-transfer running back. and we were still playing with King at QB.
We lose Bama regardless but MSU might have been interesting with TVD.

Interesting to see.

This is probably a classic case of how we always compare up, but never down.

Speaking in terms of ACC teams - we're 11% away from Clemson, but 0% away from FSU. I'd guess there's probably 5-6 ACC teams within 6% of us (45%+).

We love to point out "we're not that far from a couple teams at the top". We either never look at/just deny "we're much closer to a lot of teams in the middle"

Unfortunately this tells me nothing;

Both FSU & Miami have been dog chit since the CFP era, sans FSU’s 2014 run.

Truth be told, w/o that stretch from 2016-17, we wouldn’t be no where near 51%. Most of the teams we beat in ‘14, ‘15, ‘18-21 have been 7-8 wins w/ an occasional 9 win team (coming from Duke, & G5 teams).

Advertisement
yeah we picked the one bad year to play MSU when they had a Heisman trophy level-transfer running back. and we were still playing with King at QB.
We lose Bama regardless but MSU might have been interesting with TVD.
I think the more interesting thing was, as good as King was…what if TVD had played from day one as a true freshman in 2020? Imagine a TVD with entire year’s worth of experience when he played MSU and Virginia.

My football memory between 2005 and 2021 has been, for lack of a better word, brutalized. There isn’t a stat you can post that doesn’t somehow make me sick, this one included. We helped so many bad teams to one extra win and that mark of 500 or better. Next

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back