Interesting quote from Jim Tressel....

bambam

Freshman
speaking of OSU just after the game.......

"It reminds you whether you're an individual or a team is that adversity is what makes you good," Tressel said. "The kids have been through transition from a staff standpoint, didn't get to play in a bowl game, lost a game early in the year, everyone didn't think they were that good, lost key players lost a quarterback. That's what makes you great if you can get through it and you have to admire the staff and the team because adversity strikes down some people but it doesn't strike down the great ones."​

God, I wish we had a real coach! AG is making my life miserable.

Advertisement
All the Elite coaches can recognize Elite Coaches and everything about an Elite Coach is not Al Golden. He has proven that over and over again.

That's strong ish right there. Real talk too. Agree 100% with sweater vest.

Why hasn't Tressel taken another coaching job? I would think that he is in high demand.

Advertisement

"It reminds you whether you're an individual or a team is that adversity is what makes you good," Tressel said. "The kids have been through transition from a staff standpoint, didn't get to play in a bowl game, lost a game early in the year, everyone didn't think they were that good, lost key players lost a quarterback. That's what makes you great if you can get through it and you have to admire the staff and the team because adversity strikes down some people but it doesn't strike down the great ones."​

Would turn this into a question for golden at his next press conference.

I hate all things Buckeyes, but I'd take this guy (once the show cause expires) over the current clown-fest that is running this circus. That's how bad this is.

Advertisement

Would turn this into a question for golden at his next press conference.

That's the problem!!! That right there! In Folden's eyes he IS turning the corner and he HAS persevered! The reason why fat *** doesn't change anything (coaches, philosophy, scheme) because in his mind all this ish is working! I promise you. He really does not believe he is sh*ting the bed, but preparing us for greatness.

I give a coach credit for overcoming outside adversity. He takes credit for overcoming self-inflicted adversity.

Quality coach who didn't always have the most exciting team, but they did win. I'd gladly take a coach that wins even if it was four yards and a cloud of dust.

Advertisement
This is the same speak that had us hooked on Golden. Tressel knew his x and os and who to hire that's the difference

Oscar will make tressel look like an amateur when he is done at oswho. Better recruiter and definitely a better game day coach.

Advertisement
Why hasn't Tressel taken another coaching job? I would think that he is in high demand.

He's a school president now. Out of the coaching game and making even better $.

He's school president of the first school he got caught cheating at. He can shut his cheating face.

By the way he is making 300,000 a year as President so its a tad less than he would make as a top 10 paid head coach.

Advertisement
Back