Interesting quote by Mike Vrabel.

• Thread starter Deleted member 26015
  • Start date
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coach V constantly throwing out logical zingers.

"The NCAA handles the NFL's farm system for free" --- Holy **** this one killed me, as an advocate for playing college players.

McCloud did a selfless act and redshirted as a senior. Only way we can repay an act like that back is to start him
They should of rotated more last year, if they wouldnt play him then there wasnt a reason to come back.. He has played to begin the year but should be phased out as season moves on.. Hopefully he got his masters and it benefits all parties..

Advertisement
McCloud did a selfless act and redshirted as a senior. Only way we can repay an act like that back is to start him
I get the sacrifice, but what good does it do us as a team and fanbase if dude is not the best player at his position...he is a liability.

Advertisement
He did a selfless act? I wouldn’t go that far. He was getting passed up b/c his play was wack. I’m sorry, but football is a team sport, not an individual sport. Unless a guy has clearly separated himself both on & off the field as a leader, this seniority bull chit needs to stop. And Diaz picked up that trend from his former employer. These older guys ain’t teaching the younger guys chit.

Advertisement
Back in the day, we could let the elders get theirs and the freshmen could play ST. But we had 1st round picks at most positions stacked up 3 or 4 deep. It was a money thing. Let each the older guy get the lick and then next up would get his. JJ understood $$$$ and made it work. Does seem to work any more so play the best guy who gets it done regardless. It is every man for himself. I'm not knocking it, ****, it is my basic motto. But I was never team sport type. If I saw someone cheating off my test paper, I wouldn't turn them in but I did put the worn answer down and change it latter. -- even to hot chicks. But that was not Cane football and I admired those kids for it. Better people than me. Then again, I helped get Howard to The U so I did do my part.

Advertisement
Back