Interesting Kirby Smart comment on recruiting QBs

As always. these guys talk out of both sides of their mouths. He will go all out for a 5 star recruit next year and might even sign 2 of them.
What he fails to mention that with a QB you only need to hit once, there are busts everywhere not just QB. You need 4 DL and 5 OL starting, that is a ton of resources to get to where UGA is at. I’d argue it’s easier to just hit on a QB. Ask Auburn about that, and Jimbo has had talented lines but only won when he got Jameis. More than one way to skin a cat but he Kirby is funny for this one.

Advertisement
One thing that seems apparent is we’re on our way to the best oline in the country in 2-3 years. Which would make even someone like Josh Gattis look good.

Not possible!

Handpick from the NFL an entire offense - and if Gaddis was OC - they'd look like they'd never SEEN a football!

All I know is we were screwed out of a three-peat...and that 2001 team woudl have been screwed over as well had there been any other teams that they could justify putting over us

Advertisement
Kirby said it’s irrelevant recruiting high school quarterbacks because there are so many in the portal. Sort of echoes what DMoney said about NIL budgets- focus on the trenches because they’re hard to find in the portal and look at QBs in the portal. The bust rate on HS QBs is so high.

Also said they’ve been so low in terms of WRs and DBs his whole 7 years. Said it’s hard to have the depth there.

One thing about Georgia that’s a little unique is they really do their own evaluation. They’ve recruited 16 3 stars in three years and 7 of them start.
Most schools do there own evaluations

Advertisement
Kirby said it’s irrelevant recruiting high school quarterbacks because there are so many in the portal. Sort of echoes what DMoney said about NIL budgets- focus on the trenches because they’re hard to find in the portal and look at QBs in the portal. The bust rate on HS QBs is so high.

Also said they’ve been so low in terms of WRs and DBs his whole 7 years. Said it’s hard to have the depth there.

One thing about Georgia that’s a little unique is they really do their own evaluation. They’ve recruited 16 3 stars in three years and 7 of them start.

His state is churning out nfl qbs and he has decided to go with a walk on level a qb

2.) WRS arent lining up to play there because they have ran a bland offense similar to what Gattis runs. Lawrence Cager left here an walked into being their best wr, they have a 5 star wr leave AFTER winning the chip because they dont feature. He needs to look in the mirror if they are low on dbs, the only real starter level db they lost was to us....hes crying about the 3rd string dbs....and being able to hoard guys for 3 years or so. Guys arent going to just sit at UGA now and not be in the mix.

UGA has recruited at the top level for like the last 5 years...higher than even Bama and ESPECIALLY on defense...spare me. If i was a wr of course i would have second thoughts on signing there and qb as well. Everything else i get it.

1 thing that urks me is i heard guys/media call them TE U and i was totally confused and im trying to figure out based on what?

What he fails to mention that with a QB you only need to hit once, there are busts everywhere not just QB. You need 4 DL and 5 OL starting, that is a ton of resources to get to where UGA is at. I’d argue it’s easier to just hit on a QB. Ask Auburn about that, and Jimbo has had talented lines but only won when he got Jameis. More than one way to skin a cat but he Kirby is funny for this one.
He acting like he is Dabo Swinney or something.

Atleast with Dabo you can see they do their own evals because they will offer and hone in on some head scratchers or guys that fit their system.

Bama an UGA offer every 5 star recruit then act like they unearthed some talent....Oh look we have had 6 3 star starters....not telling you 2 or 3 of of them are likely center or nt prospects that are blanketed by 5 star guys next to them on the line who are first round picks lol...and the other is likely a kicker or some sh*t.

For example in this class their 3 star guys are..........a kicker and Kyron Jones a rb out of NC....who we were calling as a priority recruit 2 or 3 times a week before we flipped Mark Fletcher....they landed him and are gonna play him as a safety. smh

Advertisement
Back