Interesting article on George Rushing's recruitment

Joecane

But daddy....
@mattyports: Good story by @dkurtenbach: a former Louisville recruit is still waiting for Charlie Strong to "man up" and call him. http://t.co/BxLDMP5mpB

Did we ever have any interest in Rushing?

Advertisement
Recruiting is by far the dirtiest aspect of the major sports. (Pro and college sports)

Advertisement
Rushing just committed to Wisconsin, I don't think we really made a late play. The other Cardinal Gibbons WR Trevon Lee just committed to Duke.

I really wanted Lee and would've take either of them

Most coaches are scum, man. They don't give a **** about these kids.

Sad.

I used to hear from friends who were tight with former UM staffs that the best recruiters were the best liars. They told me that Tony Wise sucked at recruiting because he couldn't lie very well.

I think that's part of Al's problem and why he is getting eaten up by the trashy coaches like Miles, Saban and Jumbo and so forth.

I think he's too much of a gentleman and has too much class. He's not a redneck type liar like the southern guys

I still have a tape somewhere of Howard Schnellenberger lying on national TV a week or two before the '84 OB telling the interviewers that he had called all his recruits to assure them he was staying. (He didn't lie about calling the recruits, he lied to the recruits.) Less than six months later, he was gone.

I think that's part of Al's problem and why he is getting eaten up by the trashy coaches like Miles, Saban and Jumbo and so forth.

I think he's too much of a gentleman and has too much class.

I agree. I think Al actually does care about the kids. Which is very nice, but if it doesn't equate to wins, sadly it doesn't matter.

wait wait wait .... Golden might not have gone all the way with the other girl, but he got a ******** ... Wonder if he would have called?

Advertisement

I think he's too much of a gentleman and has too much class.

I agree. I think Al actually does care about the kids. Which is very nice, but if it doesn't equate to wins, sadly it doesn't matter.

Hopefully recruits start seeing that Al does actually care unlike a lot of other coaches who are just in it for themselves.

As much as we all hated that Al disappeared for a few days when all the PSU stuff was coming out, it honestly was an ok way to handle it. It sucked to us but it was obvious that he was interested in the PSU job which I think made his decision not to talk the right move. If he did talk, like many other coaches do in a situation like that, he most likely would have lied and said he had no plans of leaving, which is what most coaches do. The other option would have been just to tell the commits that he was talking to PSU and might leave, but i dont think that would have been a smart move. So he just didnt say anything. We hated it but it left out the possibility of him lying to everyone.

Hopefully his honesty and reputation as a good guy will continue and hopefully we start to win, cuz then I think recruits would flock to The U to play for Golden

Advertisement
Back