Interdasting

Ok, serious question because I don't know how such things work....does Freet tell ESPN "hey, we're gonna have Thomas, Coley, Kirkland all picking us...you guys may want to cover it"....etc?

Advertisement
GOLDEN BOUT TO CLOSE LIKE A BAWSE

322.gif

Dapper Don is a master promoter. This dude knows what he's doing. You'll know the Dapper Don is fully balls deep when ESPN3 adds "Jimbozo Swinging From a Ceiling Fan" to the day's schedule?

Ok, serious question because I don't know how such things work....does Freet tell ESPN "hey, we're gonna have Thomas, Coley, Kirkland all picking us...you guys may want to cover it"....etc?

If it's ESPN3, it's likely they'll be covering several programs with big potential closing days at the same time.

Advertisement
Dapper Don is a master promoter. This dude knows what he's doing. You'll know the Dapper Don is fully balls deep when ESPN3 adds "Jimbozo Swinging From a Ceiling Fan" to the day's schedule?

He actually SELLS the program. He never stops repeating our academic ranking, how many players we graduated, how many players we have in the NFL, how many are in the playoffs, how many national champions, how we won the ACC coastal last year, etc. He takes any positive for UM and sells it. Shannon and Coker NEVER sold the program. They thought they didn't have to, and they were completely wrong. Like Golden says, UM has an extremely high level of name recognition. Our "brand" is outstanding. But it's not for everybody, and instead of just pitching it to kids and having them figure it out, Golden gets them to buy in to the whole Miami culture and the things that make Miami different than your typical state school program. Our program is ALWAYS viewed as unique and Golden knows that and harps on it. There are a lot of big-time college programs like Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. but they're all similar to each other. Miami has a mystique about it that other schools don't and it sells, and Golden uses it to sell. He doesn't run from it like Randy.

He actually SELLS the program. He never stops repeating our academic ranking, how many players we graduated, how many players we have in the NFL, how many are in the playoffs, how many national champions, how we won the ACC coastal last year, etc. He takes any positive for UM and sells it. Shannon and Coker NEVER sold the program. They thought they didn't have to, and they were completely wrong. Like Golden says, UM has an extremely high level of name recognition. Our "brand" is outstanding. But it's not for everybody, and instead of just pitching it to kids and having them figure it out, Golden gets them to buy in to the whole Miami culture and the things that make Miami different than your typical state school program. Our program is ALWAYS viewed as unique and Golden knows that and harps on it. There are a lot of big-time college programs like Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. but they're all similar to each other. Miami has a mystique about it that other schools don't and it sells, and Golden uses it to sell. He doesn't run from it like Randy.

this. I think people have gotten caught up in the SEC BS thatthey've fogotten bout one of the MOST recognizable brands in college football. I don't think a kid in the SEC can sell his program because these guys put stats up and flame out at the next level. The U easily counters the skill position argument to the point where I can challenege any fan of another school that we've produced a legend at ANY position at the next level. Period

this. I think people have gotten caught up in the SEC BS thatthey've fogotten bout one of the MOST recognizable brands in college football. I don't think a kid in the SEC can sell his program because these guys put stats up and flame out at the next level. The U easily counters the skill position argument to the point where I can challenege any fan of another school that we've produced a legend at ANY position at the next level. Period

Miami just has a unique brand. It's just plain badass and no other school has a mystique like UM does. Golden knows that and feeds into the whole Miami persona.

Advertisement
They must really feel good about all the kids then.

Don't think this has to do with his PR move. It's a PR move and it's perfect timing in light of the NCAA revelations. He feels good on the guys they already have and I'm sure he'd be thrilled to do the signing day thing even with the guys he has in the bag already.

Golden is such a boss, when hosting the BCS game he basically said you have the game in my city I am just gonna show up on set and get some facetime for my school. Said one quick comment about playing ND then sold the crap out of UM. ALWAYS. BE . CLOSING.

I hope this turns out awesome, because if it doesn't I expect there to be a nuclear meltdown around here!

I, myself, am confident, though!

Advertisement
Al Golden doesn't strike me as someone dumb enough to allow espn cameras into the Hecht if he didn't expect us to have a big day.

Some might hate this comparison but Golden is the new Urban Meyer in the state of Florida & I love it.

Advertisement
on NSD I am going to sleep in, I am not going to check twitter etc until around 5-6pm I am going to grab a beer, finish it... grab another and finish that one.

I will then grab my third beer and proceed to reviews the commitments...........either way .. my dog is getting kicked in the face

You gotta win the game off the field before you win it on the field. In spite of the lamentations by supporters of the previous regime, it is a fact.

For as clueless as Randy Shannon was, this is the exact opposite in a head coach. It's not enough for the man to close with 6-7 pure studs - no. He wants the entire landscape of college football to know and watch it happen.

If this happens...
328.gif

Advertisement
Back