Interdasting piece on Saban and over-signing

Advertisement
What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.”

53.jpg

What will do you do this fall? “He said I’m going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. I’m going to work. I’m going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong … I will come in with the class of 2013. I’ll get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.”

53.jpg

Actually, the kid has already changed his mind and is opening up his recruitment again. Now that they've gotten a chance to think it over, they realize what a **** Saban is.

Advertisement
um, Miami has done this many times before. Whether it's gray shirting (asking the kids to defer a semester) or asking the kids to defer a whole year.

lol @ anyone believing this kid would be back next year. He got a higher rated player(Sheldon) that he stole from Auburn. Next year, they'll go out and get someone better again. That kid would have never put on a Bama uniform.

OK. But do we get people jobs and pay for their physical therapy? That program is so crooked it's not even funny. It's embarassing that they are not under investigation or that someone hasn't blown the covers off of it. Listen, I get it, Saban is a very good coach at a school with a lot of tradition in a very talent rich part of the country. But nobody is THAT good. It is impossible unless they are cheating. The talent gap between coaches at that level is not that big. The only way they are that much better than everyone (and they are) is if they are doing things that nobody else is doing. It blows my mind that it hasn't been exposed or that they haven't been called out...

It's ridiculous

Might be an NCAA violation in there somewhere... signing a non-approved quasi-legal document sounds shady. Kid is a free agent once they don't take him.

Advertisement
The kid even says, that they told him if he was getting the type rehab that Bama could provide, he'd be able to get on the field this year. So logical thinking is, give the kid his scholly, let him get that type of treatment, and he'll be ready to go much earlier. But no, instead, Saban found another kid who's better than him, gave him his scholly and told the kid to wait until next year. Oh and he signed a piece of paper saying he promises he'll get a scholly next year. lol, sure he will. Unless he finds someone better. Then he'll pull his bull**** medical hardship scam and tell the kid he's not fit to play football anymore. As he has done numerous times in the past.

Bama was about the only school that still kept a schollie open to him when he was injured. You know who the real culprit in all of this? Limited scholarships. Something tells me "back in the day", it was common for kickers to have schollies and for transfers to be very low. Now we have UGA's president saying we should lower 85 to 80....good lord.

Why aren't more focusing on the 'get me a job' part? Only in a Bama recruiting story could a bit like that actually get overlooked.

Advertisement
Why aren't more focusing on the 'get me a job' part? Only in a Bama recruiting story could a bit like that actually get overlooked.

For me, that comment was nothing really. Kinda like a fat guy saying I'm going to the chinese buffet. Roll likes to give me **** for saying it, but the truth is that no one does it quite like the University of Alabama. That's why I always get a kick out of people that talk about Auburn being the dirtiest. People think AU is the dirtiest because their dirt has been aired the most, but if people knew how deep the networks and connections run with regards to the Unviersity of Alabama, they'd be shocked. Those guys most definitely take care of their own. And before Rolltide jumps in bashing me, I actually am not saying that in a disparaging way. Sure, it's cheating, but so what. You join the Crimson Tide, and doors open that you would never imagine. Alabama is a well oiled machine.

It's legal, believe it or not. Normal folks would call it networking but athletes are slaves in the eyes of Middle America.

Advertisement
Bama gets notoriety b/c our rivals seriously hate us, enough to cry to the ncaa. Texas, USC, etc. don't have that issue. Besides, Bama wiffed on way too many top rbs post-Richardson to say Bama "does it the best".

For me, that comment was nothing really. Kinda like a fat guy saying I'm going to the chinese buffet. Roll likes to give me **** for saying it, but the truth is that no one does it quite like the University of Alabama. That's why I always get a kick out of people that talk about Auburn being the dirtiest. People think AU is the dirtiest because their dirt has been aired the most, but if people knew how deep the networks and connections run with regards to the Unviersity of Alabama, they'd be shocked. Those guys most definitely take care of their own. And before Rolltide jumps in bashing me, I actually am not saying that in a disparaging way. Sure, it's cheating, but so what. You join the Crimson Tide, and doors open that you would never imagine. Alabama is a well oiled machine.

Again, Bama does it the best. You're focusing on the "illegal" side of it. That's not the point that I'm making. What I'm saying is that I truly believe that there is no other program that takes care of it's own like Bama. Man, I'm giving your program a compliment. ****, even Jimmy Johns is being helped post football. The networking and loyalty within your program is impressive. I think the only thing close is maybe Kentucky basketball.

Advertisement
Back