Insight from the Cardiologist who may have saved the football season

Advertisement
Great article and info, thanks for sharing. While Covid is clearly something to take seriously, I’ve felt the recent concerns about myocarditis seemed pretty inflated - certainly not worthy of canceling a football season.

CTE hasn’t caused any schools to stop football.

Cowherd said the same thing as Dr Ackerman regarding myocarditis; it’s been a known “possible” side effect of Covid for the past 5 months.

I wish these commissioners would learn from UNC, actually.
Follow me:
UNC had a major Covid outbreak among its student body once they got back on campus; meaning these students were most likely breaking protocols and getting each other infected. HOWEVER, while the news focused on UNC’s Covid outbreak, what they didn’t focus on was the student athletes having little to no positive test.

In team sports there’s camaraderie, commitment, and an obligation to your teammate. Just look at what happened w/ the Cleveland Indians when one of their pitchers broke containment protocols for selfishness; his teammates chewed him out and want him off the team. Y? B/c of a commitment. The football players are safer together, than being allowed to go home or just hang around other students who don’t have the same like mind or goals.

Look at the results of Covid when players returned from break, v. the results of the players that’s been locked in to camp. It’s amazing how the Covid outbreaks have been contained among the student athletes now they are back in a team setting.

Just saying; both the B1G & PAC-12 panicked way too soon. These smaller conferences, I get it, as they don’t have TV contracts & w/o fans, they are probably losing revenue....but there’s no excuse for the B1G & PAC-12 to pull that chicken chit, where it’s proven that bubble like atmospheres (camps) w/ testing is proven to be successful across all sports landscapes thus far.

Last edited:
Cowherd said the same thing as Dr Ackerman regarding myocarditis; it’s been a known “possible” side effect of Covid for the past 5 months.

Follow me:
UNC had a major Covid outbreak among its student body once they got back on campus; meaning these students were most likely breaking protocols and getting each other infected. HOWEVER, while the news focused on UNC’s Covid outbreak, what they didn’t focus on was the student athletes having little to no positive test.

In team sports there’s camaraderie, commitment, and an obligation to your teammate. Just look at what happened w/ the Cleveland Indians when one of their pitchers broke containment protocols for selfishness; his teammates chewed him out and want him off the team. Y? B/c of a commitment. The football players are safer together, than being allowed to go home or just hang around other students who don’t have the same like mind or goals.

Look at the results of Covid when players returned from break, v. the results of the players that’s been locked in to camp. It’s amazing how the Covid outbreaks have been contained among the student athletes now they are back in a team setting.

Just saying; both the B1G & PAC-12 panicked way too soon. These smaller conferences, I get it, as they don’t have TV contracts & w/o fans, they are probably losing revenue....but there’s no excuse for the B1G & PAC-12 to pull that chicken chit, where it’s proven that bubble like atmospheres (camps) w/ testing is proven to be successful across all sports landscapes thus far.
More fodder for why college football players should be reimbursed beyond scholarships and/or unionized.

Advertisement
Not downplaying the seriousness of this virus one iota - we have fellow Canes who have been impacted by this **** thing - but Covid-19 is a novel virus so we learn something new about it **** near everyday. And when we learn something new, there tends to be panic because of the unknown consequences of the new finding/s.
Fortunately, we have many experts in this country that we can rely on to sort through the new findings and provide common sense Advice on how to move forward.

Not downplaying the seriousness of this virus one iota - we have fellow Canes who have been impacted by this **** thing - but Covid-19 is a novel virus so we learn something new about it **** near everyday. And when we learn something new, there tends to be panic because of the unknown consequences of the new finding/s.
Fortunately, we have many experts in this country that we can rely on to sort through the new findings and provide common sense Advice on how to move forward.
Not disagreeing with you 423, but all viruses are novel at first.

Advertisement

Follow me:

how can schools keep up the amateur athlete sham that is college football if the football players stay, play, go to school, all to make money for the schools, whereas all other students are online?
‘If we play football at schools that don‘t have students in person then it’s time to start cutting checks to football players because they are professionals at that point. In fact, why even have them attend classes when the obvious purpose of their being at school is to make money for the schools.

how can schools keep up the amateur athlete sham that is college football if the football players stay, play, go to school, all to make money for the schools, whereas all other students are online?
‘If we play football at schools that don‘t have students in person then it’s time to start cutting checks to football players because they are professionals at that point. In fact, why even have them attend classes when the obvious purpose of their being at school is to make money for the schools.

I tell ppl this all the time; when I used to date this chick at SC & I never seen Leinhert or Bush or McCoy (my homie) or any other player in class. Now, I didn’t attend SC, but every time I was there (4 days out the week), I always saw them not in class.

Honestly, some student athletes know they are never going to the next level, so they use this opportunity to get a degree.....but the stars? Man, this is a internship to the NFL where they bout to make generational wealth. And even if their careers don’t pan out like a Pollack, for instance, they got first dibs on a 6 figure TV job.

“One iota“? Dannyboy this you?

Michigan and IIT just went to online only. Which means there is even more pressure to monitor playing football at all. This cardiologist has only given the season a chance, he hasn’t saved anything. And, e more schools that go to online, the bigger the spotlight on playing football in an “uncertain” environment.

Advertisement
Michigan and IIT just went to online only. Which means there is even more pressure to monitor playing football at all. This cardiologist has only given the season a chance, he hasn’t saved anything. And, e more schools that go to online, the bigger the spotlight on playing football in an “uncertain” environment.
Don’t forget coaches making millions of dollars annually, free cars, CC memberships,etc. schools in the Big 10 getting $54m a year from the conference plus their other football revenues and it’s “amateur athletics.” Oh btw the NCAA has half a billion cash in the bank. Kids have been taken advantage of forever, just talk to our past stars for some insight.

Don’t forget coaches making millions of dollars annually, free cars, CC memberships,etc. schools in the Big 10 getting $54m a year from the conference plus their other football revenues and it’s “amateur athletics.” Oh btw the NCAA has half a billion cash in the bank. Kids have been taken advantage of forever, just talk to our past stars for some insight.
Absolutely correct. Assume for a moment that all students are on-line and not attending games. But yet college football games are still being played. At that point what is the difference between a college football player and pro football player? Nothing,
Pay the kids because you are treating them exactly how the NFL treats its players,
I have no love lost for the millions being made by coaches and universities while the kids get a scholarship. Yeah that’s equal to what the coaches make

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back