Injury Updates

Advertisement
I tore both my ACL's, three meniscus's and a broke my fibula on one play and walked off the field.

My Freshmen year I threw 176 touchdown passes. My sophomore year I ran in 14 myself... with a sprained ankle, a broken phalange, a ruptured duodenum, and a sub dermal hematoma.

PD WALKED to the back. you dont walk well with a acl tear. sprain maybe. scott should be back soon though right?

My teammate in college tore his ACL and played the next 3 games. He had no clue. Thought it was just swelling. Eventually he was in pain and decided to get a MRI which revealed his injury.

Advertisement
I have not had an ACL since I was 17, I also don't have a medial meniscus. The doctor took the cart out and didn't want to repair the ACL because I was not a Professional athlete, his words. I keep my leg as strong as I can now and have always played sports without them, but the swelling and stability was always a problem. I'm 54 and still play tennis like a 30 year old and deal with the arthritis from bone to bone.

You play tennis like a 30 year old Gables.

This might mean nothing but I follow quite a few cane players and parents on Instagram and just today Hurns mom posted a prayer tagging Dorset and his parents and in the prayer it talked about An MRI (never heard of a prayer with MRI in it) Hurns mother told them to pray this prayer for the next 7 days. Does the MRI mean they are looking for ACLU? I know what she posted isn't a big deal but I just wanted to share

I hope you know some of these players and parents personally.. because thats just creepy to follow the parents on instagram...

Advertisement
My friend was on the sideline last night. (Pretty cool perk for his job) Dorset apparently has an MCL sprain however they will check on him once he gets back to Miami. FOr now he seems ok though.

When I was 7 I was racing this kid in my neighborhood on my bike. He was in the street and I was on the sidewalk. As we were racing I kept looking over at him to my left and didn't notice the back of a pickup truck jutting out into the sidewalk from a driveway. Going full speed I hit the hitch extending out from the back of the pickup truck and did a complete 360 in the air before landing on my wheels and racking my balls on the middle support beam of my bike. Hurt so bad I was sure my nuts had exploded. Went back to my house and had my Dad check my junk out. After a careful inspection it was determined that my nuts were just black-n-blue and had not, in fact, exploded. Did not feel right for over a week though. Thank God we didn't have any nut injuries last night..

When I was 7 I was racing this kid in my neighborhood on my bike. He was in the street and I was on the sidewalk. As we were racing I kept looking over at him to my left and didn't notice the back of a pickup truck jutting out into the sidewalk from a driveway. Going full speed I hit the hitch extending out from the back of the pickup truck and did a complete 360 in the air before landing on my wheels and racking my balls on the middle support beam of my bike. Hurt so bad I was sure my nuts had exploded. Went back to my house and had my Dad check my junk out. After a careful inspection it was determined that my nuts were just black-n-blue and had not, in fact, exploded. Did not feel right for over a week though. Thank God we didn't have any nut injuries last night..

:ibisroflmao:

Lost my leg in a flag football game. Kept playing. No problems. Just a little off balance and hard to plant the foot.

Advertisement
In the 2002 World Cup in the Spain vs Ireland game David Albelda suffered a twisted and inflamed ********.

Needless to say he didn't finish the game. Would have made a great story if he did though!

I had my leg amputated on Wednesday, kicked the winning 62 yard FG on Saturday. Before my leg was amputated I couldn't kick for ****. Sometimes injury is a blessing in disguise.

No...seriously, true story.

Advertisement
Back