Injury Updates 3/16/24

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
I was able to confirm tonight that Julian Hernandez has some tendonitis in his arm. He's been out since UCF which was game 5. His dad was able to tell me that they are currently rehab and started pitching this week. He's expected to come back sometime at the end of the month. His dad said he won't be out for the year at this current moment.

Carlos Perez we can only assume he has a broken finger. The backup catcher tonight was AJ Goyita.

I would expect Brian Walters to be sideline for a bit. Incredible first start, second start he had a noticeable drop off in his velocity.

Players we have no update about
Jordan Vargas
Luca Reyes
Chris Diaz
Drew Dywer

Advertisement
I was able to confirm tonight that Julian Hernandez has some tendonitis in his arm. He's been out since UCF which was game 5. His dad was able to tell me that they are currently rehab and started pitching this week. He's expected to come back sometime at the end of the month. His dad said he won't be out for the year at this current moment.

Carlos Perez we can only assume he has a broken finger. The backup catcher tonight was AJ Goyita.

I would expect Brian Walters to be sideline for a bit. Incredible first start, second start he had a noticeable drop off in his velocity.

Players we have no update about
Jordan Vargas
Luca Reyes
Chris Diaz
Drew Dywer
Walters was clocking 96 tonight.

Advertisement
Getting Vargas back is the most important guy.He could be like a Sully reliever and go 3+ to finish a game on a Friday. Or an inning every weekend game.
So important to get him back...

Walters told someone in his close circle that he was not feeling 100% and was not comfortable telling the coaches, I was as surprised as all of you seeing him out there and hitting 96.
Whether this is true or not, it is very dangerous to put something like this out on a message board. Dangerous for the player and the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Whether this is true or not, it is very dangerous to put something like this out on a message board. Dangerous for the player and the coaching staff.
Have to agree. While we'd all like to get more updates, inside info, etc. it's probably counter-productive to be spreading second-hand info on message boards, especially when it comes to pitchers.

Advertisement
Back