Injury shook up this cornerback’s recruitment. Here’s where Miami stands entering visit

Umfuture

Banned
Banned
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article222703180.html

Over on the other coast, Tyriq McCord is part of the pitch, too. The former Miami defensive lineman played for Coach Lane and Tampa Jefferson and worked as an assistant coach on Lane’s staff in the spring before he returned to school in the fall to finish his degree.

With McCord there to make the case for the Hurricanes, Miami has a chance to pick up some late momentum in Dixon’s recruitment. The visits, Lane said, are always what have stood out to Dixon, so this weekend will be crucial.

“I know he loved the visits,” Lane said. “John spoke highly of visiting Miami and he thinks the world of the education.”

Miami’s pitch has come from a handful of angles. While Dixon said he was never interested in the Florida State Seminoles or Florida Gators, the Hurricanes intrigued Dixon enough to get him on campus for junior day in March. Dixon liked the visit enough to return for Paradise Camp in July, even though he was still recovering from his injury. Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph made a quick impression on Dixon, who has also played some wide receiver in his high school career.

Advertisement
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article222703180.html

Over on the other coast, Tyriq McCord is part of the pitch, too. The former Miami defensive lineman played for Coach Lane and Tampa Jefferson and worked as an assistant coach on Lane’s staff in the spring before he returned to school in the fall to finish his degree.

With McCord there to make the case for the Hurricanes, Miami has a chance to pick up some late momentum in Dixon’s recruitment. The visits, Lane said, are always what have stood out to Dixon, so this weekend will be crucial.

“I know he loved the visits,” Lane said. “John spoke highly of visiting Miami and he thinks the world of the education.”

Miami’s pitch has come from a handful of angles. While Dixon said he was never interested in the Florida State Seminoles or Florida Gators, the Hurricanes intrigued Dixon enough to get him on campus for junior day in March. Dixon liked the visit enough to return for Paradise Camp in July, even though he was still recovering from his injury. Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph made a quick impression on Dixon, who has also played some wide receiver in his high school career.
Love this

My man Rique acting like a real Cane unlike too many lately and helping us pull a stud. I wonder if Richt would let him be an assistant here

Advertisement
Before the knee injury Dixon was a superior recruit with many top 10 schools after him. Even if he has to sit a year to completely rehab he is worth it. Taken him with a redshirt year over Brownlee as we have enough DBs to cover 2019 on the field.

My man Rique acting like a real Cane unlike too many lately and helping us pull a stud. I wonder if Richt would let him be an assistant here

Although tyrique dissapointed me that time he called himself defending the penn disgrace moron onofrio from that fan who was going at em, but for this effort:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back