Injuries

txcanes

Redshirt Freshman
Apologize if I missed an update - searched and scrolled but did not find anything on the Big Macs? How are Chris and Evan doing?

Advertisement
Right, McMahon should be back first. Mixed reports on McKendry. I've seen a month, I've seen one start. Probably closer to a month.

McMahon is his shoulder. In his press conference last week Gino said he's started throwing again, so it's most likely he'll be back vs Wake.

Mckendry is his elbow. Good news according to Gino is that its not a ligament but instead its his ulnar nerve. Seems like his return date is more uncertain

Advertisement
Injury update from Gino on McMahon and McKendry:

“We’re hoping that Chris will throw possibly Monday (May 13) against Wake Forest and then Evan’s first outing would be possibly on Friday (May 17) against Duke. That’s what our goal is to have them prepare for that. Now there could be a hiccup along the way that changes it up, but if everything goes good and smooth that’s what we’ll do."

Advertisement
hear me out

Wed vs UCF - Van Belle
Fri @Wake - Slade
Sat @ Wake - Keysor
Mon @ Wake - Van Belle

hear me out

Wed vs UCF - Van Belle
Fri @Wake - Slade
Sat @ Wake - Keysor
Mon @ Wake - Van Belle
I’m not sure making Van Belle pitch Wed, Mon, and again Sat against Duke is a great idea

Based on what Gino said, my guess is that the plan is:
Wed-Maury and/or Gates

Fri- Van Belle
Sat- Slade
Mon- McMahon

Thur-Van Belle
Fri-McKendry
Sat-Slade

ACCT Game 1- McMahon
ACCT Game 2- Van Belle
Semis*- McKendry
Final*-Slade

That said, am the only one who trusts Keysor more than Slade in an important game?

I hope we're not rushing them back. Seems like Gino/JD are more hopeful than anything. Van Belle starting 4 of our final 10 games is asking a lot, but 4 days between starts at least makes it a possibility. Maybe you cap his pitch count during each start. This UCF game feels important.

Advertisement
Gino followed up during yesterday’s press conference that McMahon had thrown his first bullpen yesterday without any discomfort. He has another one when they get to Winston Salem.

Speaking of pitchers on five days rest: I noticed that UCF doesn’t play this weekend. Will Lovelady throw his ace on short rest against us on Wednesday?

Advertisement
I'm not liking this UCF game at all.

Based on our injuries, a total clunker wouldn't surprise me. This is the type of game that, IMO, tells you about the mental make-up of the team.
UCF is a solid club and a win vs Miami would give them a sweep of the big three.

Based on our injuries, a total clunker wouldn't surprise me. This is the type of game that, IMO, tells you about the mental make-up of the team.
UCF is a solid club and a win vs Miami would give them a sweep of the big three.

agreed. might be the biggest trap game in a long while.

Why the heck are we playing a freaking a conference away game on Monday and another conference game on Thursday.

Advertisement
Back