Injuries and reserves...

fraggle

Senile Senior
We missed our injured players today and Pinkney going down showed the depth we have. The replacements took a while to adjust to the GT offense but pitching a shutout defensively in the second half was incredible. Does anyone know when we get some of the injured players back or how severe Pinkney got hurt? We win easily today if we had all our experienced DB's...especially Redwine since he is probably our most aggressive DB. Just hope the injured players start coming back...

Advertisement
Not having Delaney was huge as he has played against a ton of option in D2. His best asset is his toughness and size and he would of blown up some of those pitches . Luckily he is game to game and not out 8 weeks like those ESPN morons said.

As fun as it has been to see the Canes come from behind to win the past two weeks this train is gonna come to a screeching halt if the injuries keep piling up like this.

It's just a fact that the roster doesn't have the kind of depth yet to withstand it. It might not matter against 'Cuse (or maybe it will-ask Climpsin) and UNC, but it will become a serious problem vs. Va Tech and Notre Shame.

Not having Delaney was huge as he has played against a ton of option in D2. His best asset is his toughness and size and he would of blown up some of those pitches . Luckily he is game to game and not out 8 weeks like those ESPN morons said.

Thanks for the good news on Delaney. Or, I should say not such horrible news. I was disappointed when I read about the ESPN report.

The reserves inthe second half did better than the starters in the first half.

Advertisement
We only gave up 270 yards and 17 points to the GT offense. That's 200 yards under their average. Our reserves played just fine. The game was the nail biter it was because we kept settling for FGs instead of touchdowns, and got beat in the kicking game.

We only gave up 270 yards and 17 points to the GT offense. That's 200 yards under their average. Our reserves played just fine. The game was the nail biter it was because we kept settling for FGs instead of touchdowns, and got beat in the kicking game.

That's all true, but we can't ignore the fact that GT's best RB was out with a leg injury in the 2nd half and the Yellow Bees were afraid to pitch the ball once it started raining hard.

That's all true, but we can't ignore the fact that GT's best RB was out with a leg injury in the 2nd half and the Yellow Bees were afraid to pitch the ball once it started raining hard.

Injuries are part of the game. We lost one of our best linebackers too. Sorry. We shut their offense down. They didn't have 200 yards at halftime with that RB, and getting to the edge. The only thing our defense didn't do was force turnovers.

Injuries are part of the game. We lost one of our best linebackers too. Sorry. We shut their offense down. They didn't have 200 yards at halftime with that RB, and getting to the edge. The only thing our defense didn't do was force turnovers.

I agree.

The lack of anyone wearing the turnover chain is what made this game so close. GT was uncharacteristically careful with the football.

Advertisement

I agree.

The lack of anyone wearing the turnover chain is what made this game so close. GT was uncharacteristically careful with the football.

That, along with only one penalty, and their punting game. They played a clean game.

I agree.

From approximately 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, if I did the math correctly while at the stadium, GT ran over 40 plays for less than 150 yards of total offense.

I agree.

From approximately 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, if I did the math correctly while at the stadium, GT ran over 40 plays for less than 150 yards of total offense.

The D did not allow a TD in the last 40 minutes of the game. That's cool. Only gave up four TDs in the last 3 games.

Advertisement
M. Jackson played well in Delaney's absence.

Gaynor/Mahoney got it done.

Knowles...tighten up son

Homer was GREAT.

Langham was GREAT.

Smith/Owens don't really stand out but they're competent.

Knowles...tighten up son

Homer was GREAT.

Langham was GREAT.

Thomas got unleashed a bit I expect continued improvement. One thing Knowles had was a bone jarring hit on the kickoff in Q2 which knocked the ball loose. We need headhunters on Special teams so he has value.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to see more Langham this week...as in he should be starting across from AR with Berrios in the slot. The 2nd group should be Mullins, Thomas, Harley.

Knowles...tighten up son

Homer was GREAT.

Langham was GREAT.

Thomas got unleashed a bit I expect continued improvement. One thing Knowles had was a bone jarring hit in Q2 which and the returner fumbled.

Please don't praise Knowles. He made two plays out of 50. I've been having nightmares all week of him whiffing tackles, blowing coverage's, and especially getting pancaked repeatably by WRs. He might as well have been a practice dummy.

Knowles...tighten up son

Homer was GREAT.

Langham was GREAT.

Thomas got unleashed a bit I expect continued improvement. One thing Knowles had was a bone jarring hit in Q2 which and the returner fumbled.

Please don't praise Knowles. He made two plays out of 50. I've been having nightmares all week of him whiffing tackles, blowing coverage's, and especially getting pancaked repeatably by WRs. He might as well have been a practice dummy.

I've never seen such rampant disgust for Knowles like I have this week. Give the guy a break and let's see what happens this week.Delaney looked Horrible against Toledo and came back strong against FSU before he got hurt.

Last edited:
Knowles constantly bites on the play action...he keeps peeking into the backfield...and then loses his man...and scrambles to catch up...he has ability...but needs serious coaching...he also doesn't wrap up...but that can be said about a lot of players.

Advertisement
Back