Initial line for vt... -6...

Advertisement
Depends how long the hangover lingers. The reality next weeks game is the biggest game of the year. Most win

Advertisement
Even before last nights game, the VTech game was more important. A win almost guarantee's a rematch with FSU in the ACC championship game, while a loss leaves Miami hoping for VTech to get beat by a ****** team. Definitely need to take care of business ourselves and not be left hoping the last few weeks of the season. Extremely important to get past the FSU hangover quick and realize that next week's game pretty much make's or break's our chances of winning a conference championship.

Nothing is almost guaranteed. These guys are perfectly capable of losing to Duke or Virginia.

There are some -6.5 numbers out there offshore. It's about right, based on power ratings. Miami is generally rated about 3 or 3.5 points above Virginia Tech right now.

But my initial instinct is to take it. I'm almost sure I'll play Virginia Tech. Those power ratings don't account for Duke's loss. And allowing a full 3 or 3.5 points home field advantage is quite high at Sun Life. The bettors invariably bet on the road team late when there's that type of allowance at Sun Life. The venue has proven to be worth more like 2 points.

It's a natural letdown spot for Miami, coming off a first loss. The preseason ratings were very similar, with Miami at 27 and Virginia Tech at 31. Taking a full touchdown among near-even teams in a meaningful game is what I look for. I place heavy emphasis on preseason ratings in college sports, far beyond results. Everything tends to drift back to the beginning. We may be rated 14th but our power rating is in the low 20s right now, almost exactly at the preseason indication.

Virginia Tech is allowing barely above 4 yards per play, third in the nation and a full yard better than the Canes.

Advertisement
Number is going up, for some reason. As soon as +7 showed, I took it. Now it's 7 at quite a few spots, including Wynn in Las Vegas.

If the Canes are feeling the blues after their first loss to the third ranked Noles, how do you suppose the Hokies feel after back to back losses to Duke and BC?

There are some -6.5 numbers out there offshore. It's about right, based on power ratings. Miami is generally rated about 3 or 3.5 points above Virginia Tech right now.

But my initial instinct is to take it. I'm almost sure I'll play Virginia Tech. Those power ratings don't account for Duke's loss. And allowing a full 3 or 3.5 points home field advantage is quite high at Sun Life. The bettors invariably bet on the road team late when there's that type of allowance at Sun Life. The venue has proven to be worth more like 2 points.

It's a natural letdown spot for Miami, coming off a first loss. The preseason ratings were very similar, with Miami at 27 and Virginia Tech at 31. Taking a full touchdown among near-even teams in a meaningful game is what I look for. I place heavy emphasis on preseason ratings in college sports, far beyond results. Everything tends to drift back to the beginning. We may be rated 14th but our power rating is in the low 20s right now, almost exactly at the preseason indication.

Virginia Tech is allowing barely above 4 yards per play, third in the nation and a full yard better than the Canes.

You're on a Canes board telling everyone you're going to bet Vag Tech? Go jump in bacteria-laden pond with open sores.

You're on a Canes board telling everyone you're going to bet Vag Tech? Go jump in bacteria-laden pond with open sores.

Was that supposed to be creative, or impressive? Dual fail.

I've bet against the Canes at least a hundred times. Heck, several hundred if you include basketball and other sports, like the college world series.

One of the best bets I've ever seen in my life was taking Arizona on the money line and plus the points when the Canes were favored in that 1993 season Fiesta Bowl. Based on your approach, maybe I should have passed.

I also bet Florida -3 against the Canes early this season, if it makes you feel any better. I'll ignore mentioning the times I bet the other side and collected

You really need to raise the level of your game if you're going to challenge me in a betting related thread. I'll leave it at that. We already had a nonsense thread in which someone wanted to believe that Las Vegas makes tons of decisions before making the line, like comparative scores and series history and personnel, etc. None of it is true, as I emphasized. Las Vegas comes armed with power ratings and 11/10 working in their favor. They make as few decisions as possible. Hang the numbers and absorb. Bettors are allowed to turn a winning opinion into a losing ticket. I like systems to eliminate the subjectivity.

Advertisement
VT has a good defense so it will be close. Logan Thomas on the other side of the ball will gift wrap another Cane win.

Was that supposed to be creative, or impressive? Dual fail.

I've bet against the Canes at least a hundred times. Heck, several hundred if you include basketball and other sports, like the college world series.

One of the best bets I've ever seen in my life was taking Arizona on the money line and plus the points when the Canes were favored in that 1993 season Fiesta Bowl. Based on your approach, maybe I should have passed.

I also bet Florida -3 against the Canes early this season, if it makes you feel any better. I'll ignore mentioning the times I bet the other side and collected

You really need to raise the level of your game if you're going to challenge me in a betting related thread. I'll leave it at that. We already had a nonsense thread in which someone wanted to believe that Las Vegas makes tons of decisions before making the line, like comparative scores and series history and personnel, etc. None of it is true, as I emphasized. Las Vegas comes armed with power ratings and 11/10 working in their favor. They make as few decisions as possible. Hang the numbers and absorb. Bettors are allowed to turn a winning opinion into a losing ticket. I like systems to eliminate the subjectivity.

It was supposed to be me calling you a ****. I don't give a fck about your alleged gambling expertise because there's really no such thing. Keep deluding yourself into thinking you're some sort of prescient soul.

Advertisement
Canes will be playing for the same goal but for some reason you think only Tech will be motivated,why? Its Canes super Bowl also and at home against a 3 loss team. This team will not lose this game and I don't believe it will be close. Canes will run the ball down their throat and their offense is hideous.

Posters should be sobered enough after Saturday night to cease with the predictions that we will blow out anybody. But I suspect the homer brigade will be back to guaranteeing a victory by Wednesday.

Va Tech has a very stout defense, which will be a huge challenge. The question mark for both teams is QB play. The QB that turns the ball over the least should win.

And back to FSU for a moment, it appears -- as some of us said -- that the media are not biased or anti-UM as so many on here spew. They largely predicted we'd get beaten, because FSU is more talented, and the game was in their house. They were dead correct.

Advertisement
Back