Info-gate

reg

Sophomore
Lol at threads now turning into a "transparency conspiracy agenda." Since the videos or Richt's interview and press conference dropped last night, the "doom and gloomers" have showed up in full force, which has derailed the purpose/topics of the threads. With that being said,..........

Dear gloom and doomers,

First of all, this is not Richt's first rodeo. The conspiracy regarding why he was vague, should have been debunked the second he referenced not wanting to tip LSU off with any news. Richt, though he is very straightforward, is also a master at balancing "truth" with "coach speak".

Every coach, especially Richt, does not mind talking about their teams deficiencies in a post practice or post scrimmage interview because they know the opposing coaches are smart enough to not take anything from a coach speaking about his team's "flaws". David Aranda is not over in Baton Rouge thinking, "based on Mark's post 1st scrimmage interview, Richt does not feel good about his running game."

The same exact principle is in play when a coach (Richt) speaks glowingly in a weekly press conference about an opponent such as Savannah St. or Bethune Cookman. Richt is going to praise the **** out of Savannah St. during the week two press conference. Their coaches are not going to think to themselves, "Well, it looks like Richt thinks that we are disciplined in our gap integrity, we better be prepared for Miami to call a bunch of outside run plays."

Coaches, at least the good ones, only really use interviews for one primary reason,....it's a way to motivate his players. It has nothing to do with tipping off an opponent or hiding info from fans. Coaches have to keep players motivated/level headed (mentioning all of the flaws) but at the same time keep the players confidence high (sprinkle in praise about a unit/player).

The bytch'n about the "lack of info" is f'ucking ridiculous!

Advertisement
Good points. Richt may not be praising anyone in the press to keep the players focused and motivated. The players he did mention, Richards and Joe Jackson, are known. And even then, he gave an slight compliment.

Advertisement
Agreed. Another thing to consider, if a guy like Rosseau is still getting sacks left & right, you probably want to keep that under wraps before LSU. Let him introduce himself appropriately.

very close to game time. Coach needs to start setting the tone towards focus and preparation.
It’s feeding time September 2nd. Need to make sure those men are licking their chops and getting ready to collect heads. Can’t be all sunshine now. Year 3.

I take this that the young players(in-coming freshman and the like) will be big factors right off the bat and why give LSU any help in figuring that out. IT's clear some of them will be key components of the game plan in Dallas

Advertisement
Agreed. Another thing to consider, if a guy like Rosseau is still getting sacks left & right, you probably want to keep that under wraps before LSU. Let him introduce himself appropriately.
I agree......solid point, as well.

However, LSU already knows about Rousseau, our other top performers, and expected contributors, even if they are true freshmen. Every competent P5 program will have GA's and personnel on the staff who's primary focus is to research and to gather info on the upcoming opponents. A simple Google search with Rousseau's name, attached to Miami, will bring up articles about him leading the D-line in sacks during the spring.

I agree......solid point, as well.

However, LSU already knows about Rousseau, our other top performers, and expected contributors, even if they are true freshmen. Every competent P5 program will have GA's and personnel on the staff who's primary focus is to research and to gather info on the upcoming opponents. A simple Google search with Rousseau's name, attached to Miami, will bring up articles about him leading the D-line in sacks during the spring.
True. Regardless, I would rather them not know if he's still dominating & to what extent, & other guys could be playing bigger roles than previously anticipated. Bottom line, I think you're spot on with all of this being a good thing rather than not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol at threads now turning into a "transparency conspiracy agenda." Since the videos or Richt's interview and press conference dropped last night, the "doom and gloomers" have showed up in full force, which has derailed the purpose/topics of the threads. With that being said,..........

Dear gloom and doomers,

First of all, this is not Richt's first rodeo. The conspiracy regarding why he was vague, should have been debunked the second he referenced not wanting to tip LSU off with any news. Richt, though he is very straightforward, is also a master at balancing "truth" with "coach speak".

Every coach, especially Richt, does not mind talking about their teams deficiencies in a post practice or post scrimmage interview because they know the opposing coaches are smart enough to not take anything from a coach speaking about his team's "flaws". David Aranda is not over in Baton Rouge thinking, "based on Mark's post 1st scrimmage interview, Richt does not feel good about his running game."

The same exact principle is in play when a coach (Richt) speaks glowingly in a weekly press conference about an opponent such as Savannah St. or Bethune Cookman. Richt is going to praise the **** out of Savannah St. during the week two press conference. Their coaches are not going to think to themselves, "Well, it looks like Richt thinks that we are disciplined in our gap integrity, we better be prepared for Miami to call a bunch of outside run plays."

Coaches, at least the good ones, only really use interviews for one primary reason,....it's a way to motivate his players. It has nothing to do with tipping off an opponent or hiding info from fans. Coaches have to keep players motivated/level headed (mentioning all of the flaws) but at the same time keep the players confidence high (sprinkle in praise about a unit/player).

The bytch'n about the "lack of info" is f'ucking ridiculous!

Bold - Exactly! Richt coached successfully in the SEC for 15 years. I have no doubt he knows more about LSU - being an SEC team - than many of us combined.

I don't want to overreact about a scrimmage five days in to practice until I prove I can overreact over every scrimmage!

Advertisement
Richt has something to hide.

And I think it is something really menacing and scary.
(To our opponents in the near future.)
matanza_cueto_render_by_novarc99-dbnlaa5.png

I’m amazed at the butthurt and hurt feelings from a freaking scrimmage.

It’s three weeks until the season , I can wait until then to see stats and how good we actually are.

I give zero ***** about the stats from a scrimmage

Advertisement
Back