Indoor Batting Cages

canesproponent

Sophomore
There is an article in some publication called "State of the U" that quotes Blake as saying that UM: "raised all funds needed for a new indoor baseball practice facility that will include batting cages."

Does anyone know anything about this? Is the official groundbreaking at the end of this season?

Advertisement
This project has been in the works for probably 2-3 years now. And no, we don't already have indoor cages.

I’m curious as to whether the indoor batting cages will fit in the footprint of the current batting cages or if they take out the right field bleachers. There hasn’t been much of a need for the current capacity outside of the Florida and Florida State series the last few years.

Advertisement
I’m curious as to whether the indoor batting cages will fit in the footprint of the current batting cages or if they take out the right field bleachers. There hasn’t been much of a need for the current capacity outside of the Florida and Florida State series the last few years.

They had Architecture Plans in place to refurbish the Ron Fraser but only reached $23M in donations versus the $45M goal. They looked great. It had a couple suites on the roof, an entire floor was to be a "lounge area", a floor for offices and another for a Hall of Fame. I hope they refurbish that building some day as well.

Advertisement
It always blows me away that Missouri State has better baseball facilities than Miami.

*For those who don't know, that is my alma mater, which is why I cite them so often.

UCLA's batting cages are 7-years old and still fantastic. Some widow donated $5M for batting cages during 2010. They are four stories high. The stadium is a disaster and owned by the city of Los Angeles, but the batting cages are even better than the Dodgers'.

USC's baseball facilities and stadium are much worse than UM's.

Advertisement
Back