Independence Bowl - Miami vs Boise State?

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
Representatives from the Advocare 100 Independence Bowl were at the game today..
The Reps will also be at Miami last game..

TAMPA -- Jerry Anderson, one of 12 people on the Advocare 100 Independence Bowl selection committee,
said Saturday he would love to pit the Hurricanes (6-5) against 10th-ranked Boise State in their bowl game Dec. 26.
"We like the TV appeal because they're a national team and have been for a long time," Anderson said.
"They came [to Shreveport, La.] and played when [quarterback] Brock Berlin first started.
So, the local people know them. We'll have a very good local turnout for Miami, whether we have Boise or San Diego State.
If we can have Boise, it would be a pretty big deal."

UM, under NCAA investigation for gifts players accepted from former booster Nevin Shapiro, could end
up declining a bowl invite to try and get a step ahead of potential sanctions that could be handed down.
Asked if there has been any talk of doing that, UM coach Al Golden said: "Not that I’m aware of , no.
the first time the question was posed to me was in one of the interviews. I don’t know what day, Wednesday
or whatever. My job is to get the team bowl eligible. That’s the first time I heard it when somebody brought it up the other day."

Advertisement
please no, we don't want to get flogged by Boise on semi National television

Boise would rock this year's team. I'd rather play a weaker opponent this year so that we can build our guys confidence heading into the next season.

Want no part of Boise with a month to prepare...they have shown they really know how to prepare for a bowl game.

Advertisement
Kellen Moore versus our D?

Jesus Christ. The Valentines Day massacre would be a good day compared to that game.

I say bring them on. The chance to play a top 10 team and beat them is how the team will build real confidence heading into next year. Much better than playing San Diego State or any other medicore team.

Advertisement
Sack up you faries. Yea we'd probably get shredded.. but stop acting like scared schoolgirls about it. Bring on Boise.

Sack up you faries. Yea we'd probably get shredded.. but stop acting like scared schoolgirls about it. Bring on Boise.

+1

We could put up some points.

Could you imagine if by some miracle we pulled it off?

We're not being scared, we're being smart. The last thing this program needs is to play a bowl game against an opponent as well put together as Boise. We simply do not have the roster (talent, experience, production) to keep up with them. It would be better for this team's confidence and the confidence that recruits have in this program if we stick to an opponent who is a better matchup for us. We could Boise, but its most likely that we wouldn't.

It's a win win for us to play them. We lose, it's expected...we win and it's a huge boost for our program and it ends the Boise hype.

Advertisement
Playing Boise State with our depleted defense and inconsistent offense would make Custer's Last Stand look like a love-in.

In addition, it would be good to forego a Bowl game in light of the NCAA crap, and the time would afford our coaches more recruiting freedom.

Anyone, any place, any time. I still think we'll play i nteh Music City, but if they pass on us, this would be a good opportunity for Golden to build his rep.

Advertisement
We should self-impose anyway and get 1 year of the bowl ban penalty out of the way. Plus, it was these seniors that contributed to the mess.

Don't worry about Miami playing #10 Boise State (soon to be #6) they are going to a BCS bowl with Oregon, Okalahoma State, Oklahoma and Clemson getting beat this week that were in the Top 10.

Im less concerned with Boise State than I am having to travel to Shreveport. La for a **** Canes bowl game.

Advertisement
Back