Inday’s 2021 Breakout Player of the Year

So Jake Garcia is starting from day 1. Good to know.

Edit: I can see Keyshawn or Mallory snagging 8-10 TDs. I just can't see any receiver (or TE for that matter) going 800+ in yards with King at the helm. Rushing the ball is his biggest strength as a QB, along with not turning the ball over. We would need to become a very pass-heavy team to have at least one of our many receivers go 1000+, and that's just not the identity that this team is aiming for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
So Jake Garcia is starting from day 1. Good to know.

Edit: I can see Keyshawn or Mallory snagging 8-10 TDs. I just can't see any receiver (or TE for that matter) going 800+ in yards with King at the helm. Rushing the ball is his biggest strength as a QB, along with not turning the ball over. We would need to become a very pass-heavy team to have at least one of our many receivers go 1000+, and that's just not the identity that this team is aiming for.

Respectfully disagree. Lashlee wants to run 80 snaps a game, half throwing. That's essentially 500 passes in a season. If the #1 guy isn't getting to 1K yards, there's something wrong with him.

To me it's simple. Mallory

There is no reason this kid shouldn't eat. So far from the reports is nobody has been able to cover him and he's catching everything.

Respectfully disagree. Lashlee wants to run 80 snaps a game, half throwing. That's essentially 500 passes in a season. If the #1 guy isn't getting to 1K yards, there's something wrong with him.
If we end up with a true #1 then i would agree but there are a lot of receivers on this team. I don't think any one of them will be targeted enough times to surpass 1000 yards. Not even in King's Heismanesque season at Houston did he have someone eclipse that mark. The deep ball isn't his forte. Also depends on the running game. If our running game stinks and we are forced to become a pass-first team then maybe. I just don't see it happening but I'll be more than glad if they prove me wrong. GO CANES!!

Advertisement
Smith’s problem this year maybe that even if he plays as well as Inday expects, Smith is likely the 3rd wide receiver option, which does not even account for Mallory. It may actually be difficult for the first time in years to get passes thrown in the direction of a young wide receiver because of good, more experienced talent ahead of him.

Hurns was our last 1000 receiver in 2013.

AR-15 had 934 yds in 2016.

Hurns was our last 1000 receiver in 2013.

AR-15 had 934 yds in 2016.

And we've had totally crap offenses. I'm very confident we'll have a 1K receiver this year. Either that or 3 guys each with 700-1000 yards. Because King is going to put up huge numbers now that he has a semblance of a OL and kids who can actually catch the ball.

Advertisement
He can have a breakout year with multiple touchdowns and 4 or 5 hundred yards receiving. That seems very feasible to me.

I don't think you can include Rambo, Harley, or even Mallory in that discussion as they've broken out already, but it's time to hit the next level.

I’m thinking King hits the 3K plateau throwing this season while having Cam hit 1K. I think the offense is going to be that potent especially when playing lesser competition which essentially is 10 games this season. In that there’s plenty of room for Key to get his numbers especially deep shots.

Advertisement

New breed mentality. 900 yards, 10 TDs.

press conference no questions GIF by Chicks on the Right

Sorry I’m late. I just saw this. I have footage from your live announcement

B2B88358-7921-4D10-84FD-F12C7D2B2CF3.gif

Big hopes on KS5 believe boy will be great

wish breakout players would be Jalen Rivers and Leonard Taylor

I'm still rooting hard for Harley to produce at a draftable level this year and make his money. My hot take is for Redding to lead all WRs in TDs (redzone production.)

Advertisement
Harley, Rambo, Mallory are all ahead of Smith on the receiving food chain so I doubt he'll get those stats but he still can be a breakout star but with less numbers.

Advertisement
Back