Incredible stat showing just how important Enos is

Advertisement
I don’t get the stat, shouldn’t the total number be about the same, plus or minus one or two games, for each team?

For example they show the Miami record is 27-0, yet in 4 years we would’ve played at least 48 games. Same for every other team listed. What am I missing here?

I don’t get the stat, shouldn’t the total number be about the same, plus or minus one or two games, for each team?

For example they show the Miami record is 27-0, yet in 4 years we would’ve played at least 48 games. Same for every other team listed. What am I missing here?

We havent scored 28+ in every game though. It only factors those games.

We’ve only scored 28 or more in 27 of those games while Bama, Ohio State and some of the others have 40+ times

Advertisement
This stat shows the correlation between offensive and defensive success. It's no coincidence that the defense only gives up bunches of points in games where the offense forgets to show up. How many times can you expect to shut down an opponent's offense when your own offense does nothing but turn the ball over and leave you in por field position.

Also,

ezgif-1-51b9333433e6.gif

Advertisement
We’ve only scored 28 or more in 27 of those games while Bama, Ohio State and some of the others have 40+ times
We havent scored 28+ in every game though. It only factors those games.

Oh I see now.

I initially misunderstood the tweet as a hypothetical, that is, if we had scored 28 points or more what would our record be over four years. But it’s actually looking at only the games that were played in reality, and in which we scored 28 points or over. I just assumed that it was a hypothetical. But it’s based on actual games played and the actual scores.

Advertisement
Back