In the last 6 losses Miami has been out scored 116-47 in the

DancingBear

Recruit
Premium
Second half.That'sall coaching.Lat year we almost lost to a pathetic Wake team because we never adjusted to their wide splits.This year Nebraska killed us in the second half because our safety was lined up in the end zone as they went 9 on 7 off tackle and wide.We never adjusted and we completely wore down.This is not execution but poor *** coaching .

Advertisement
200.gif

Man......you might be on to something. So glad no one else started a thread like this. So which one of the coaches do you think is at fault?

But I thought we were a well conditioned team? Sign of a poorly conditioned club as well. Swasey is the biggest fraud in UM history. I said it when Randy was fired that if Swasey remained, the next coach would fail. I was right.

Lol beat ourselves to death with these threads. All one in the same. We need one big pinned thread. ' Our coaching staff suck'

Four Fingers
"At the beginning of the fourth quarter at every home football game, Miami players and fans can be seen holding up four fingers. The sign indicates their belief that a game is won in that crucial final period. True Hurricane fans and players use the sign as a symbol that they own that last quarter."

Advertisement
But I thought we were a well conditioned team? Sign of a poorly conditioned club as well. Swasey is the biggest fraud in UM history. I said it when Randy was fired that if Swasey remained, the next coach would fail. I was right.

LMAO. now we're going after Swasey again.

It's corching and quitting. We've done a lot of quitting under El Foldo. In fact, we've quit in almost every game against a team with above a faint pulse.

Yup. Corching in the sense that whatever nonsense we come out with in the first half is easily adjusted against by the opposing teams.

Naturally, our corches can't out scheme via adjustments so we're dead in the water. Couple that with our guys getting run over the entire field and they quit.

Advertisement
Seems like every big game we've played under Golden is relatively close at the half before we just get pummeled in the 2nd.

Four Fingers
"At the beginning of the fourth quarter at every home football game, Miami players and fans can be seen holding up four fingers. The sign indicates their belief that a game is won in that crucial final period. True Hurricane fans and players use the sign as a symbol that they own that last quarter."

Honest question. Are our practices as physically demanding as they were when Jimmy Johnson or Butch Davis' coached at UM? I know I'm comparing different eras and regulations, but I think there's something to be said about the relationship between physical contact, strength and conditioning program, and being a physically conditioned squad. Additionally, the importance of being mentally prepared to execute a game plan can not be overstated either.

Those four fingers, fourth quarter Canes were a different breed than our current bunch of kids because the mentality of program they played for is a completely different animal. Those Canes played to the very end. No lead was safe, regardless of situation, we believed. The culture/mentality just isn't the same. Yeah, we may have lost here and there, but the mind frame was such that, if we played another 60 minutes, we will take that *** behind the woodshed and physically abuse it. Those teams expected to win, and us fans provided the positive energy, especially at home which at times lifted them over the hump. Nothing better than a team expecting to win, a fan base reinforcing that winning mentality, and achieving the collective goal of kicking your **** ***. And, if needed Canes fans as well as the players didn't mind telling you all about it during the process. ****, we loved telling and showing the nation just how good we were. No longer...we show the country just how dysfunctional we are against any team just above life support. It's truly sad.

Four Fingers

Honest question. Are our practices as physically demanding as they were when Jimmy Johnson or Butch Davis' coached at UM? I know I'm comparing different eras and regulations, but I think there's something to be said about the relationship between physical contact, strength and conditioning program, and being a physically conditioned squad. Additionally, the importance of being mentally prepared to execute a game plan can not be overstated either.

Those four fingers, fourth quarter Canes were a different breed than our current bunch of kids because the mentality of program they played for is a completely different animal. Those Canes played to the very end. No lead was safe, regardless of situation, we believed. The culture/mentality just isn't the same. Yeah, we may have lost here and there, but the mind frame was such that, if we played another 60 minutes, we will take that *** behind the woodshed and physically abuse it. Those teams expected to win, and us fans provided the positive energy, especially at home which at times lifted them over the hump. Nothing better than a team expecting to win, a fan base reinforcing that winning mentality, and achieving the collective goal of kicking your **** ***. And, if needed Canes fans as well as the players didn't mind telling you all about it during the process. ****, we loved telling and showing the nation just how good we were. No longer...we show the country just how dysfunctional we are against any team just above life support. It's truly sad.

Great post Dynasty. I've been meaning to pick your brain since you know your stuff about defense. A few questions....

Much has been made of our defensive ineptitude and rightfully so. My question is regarding our passive alignments against a heavy run team. What is the reason for that specifically? How is Donofrio expecting to stop the run with an alignment that concedes numbers? What is he expecting to happen?

Denzel Perryman said recently that there was a ton of freelancing going on. In your opinion how does that happen in year 4? Is it complexity in the scheme? What really gets me is that we are talking about stopping the run on a team with a run first mentality. Why are the coaches and players making it sound so dann complicated?

The play of our secondary has been mediocre at best and our safeties in particular don't seem to be making any plays despite the fact they are collectively a huge upgrade over last year. What is it about this scheme specifically that is contributing to that?

Second half.That'sall coaching.Lat year we almost lost to a pathetic Wake team because we never adjusted to their wide splits.This year Nebraska killed us in the second half because our safety was lined up in the end zone as they went 9 on 7 off tackle and wide.We never adjusted and we completely wore down.This is not execution but poor *** coaching .

Can't speak for the defense, but I feel if we keep on track our offense is going to be able to keep us in games...

Advertisement

Shhiiiit in 2012 we almost lost to Bethune Cookman. If it wasnt for Duke we would've lost or beat them by a few points.

Advertisement

Shhiiiit in 2012 we almost lost to Bethune Cookman. If it wasnt for Duke we would've lost or beat them by a few points.
We beat them 38-10. I get it that we played like **** in that game. But we didn't almost lose.

Halftime of the Nebraska game I looked at my buddy and said "If you had to guess which team would come out more prepared for the 2nd half who would it be?"

Easy question to answer.

Why would coaches make adjustments when they truly believe that everything falls on the players and all their schemes should work in theory? What would they say at halftime? "We don't need to run anything else! We just need to tackle better."

Four Fingers

Great post Dynasty. I've been meaning to pick your brain since you know your stuff about defense. A few questions....

Much has been made of our defensive ineptitude and rightfully so. My question is regarding our passive alignments against a heavy run team. What is the reason for that specifically? How is Donofrio expecting to stop the run with an alignment that concedes numbers? What is he expecting to happen?

Denzel Perryman said recently that there was a ton of freelancing going on. In your opinion how does that happen in year 4? Is it complexity in the scheme? What really gets me is that we are talking about stopping the run on a team with a run first mentality. Why are the coaches and players making it sound so dann complicated?

The play of our secondary has been mediocre at best and our safeties in particular don't seem to be making any plays despite the fact they are collectively a huge upgrade over last year. What is it about this scheme specifically that is contributing to that?

It's been discussed by Macho, PMC, Lu, and many others have given their reasons why this defense is so anemic in every phase. This defense is just a by-product of Golden's overall football philosophy. I really believe that. Whatever adjective you want to use to describe this defense not a single one would be associated with aggressiveness.

The numbers game. I can't really give you an answer as to why we are constantly out numbered in the box other than it's just Golden's approach. It's a methodical approach. Remember season '11 when the catch-phase was the defense held teams to a field goal once they entered our redzone? The old bend but don't break. Well, now, it's broken. Our base defense is a joke. We can't stop the run even with 8 down, and more bothersome is the fact that we cover no one in the back seven. With regards to getting the ball shoved down our throats, it is my opinion that you do whatever it takes to slow down that action. If it means bringing eight/nine within 6 yards of the line of scrimmage, so be it. Bring six and cover with five. Cover-0. Then again, the approach we use upfront Neb would have probably ran for 500 yards if we played cover-0. And there-in lies a third of the problem. No penetration, disruption from the DL. That means for this defense the line of scrimmage is being conceded.

Venn Diagrams. The linebackers. I've always considered the backers to be the defense's backbone. They are the true linkage players. I don't understand our core principles at linebacker. They aren't really a factor in stopping the ground game, and they yield huge passing windows. I don't get showing two high and the only thing you can do out of it is rotate into cover-3. What's the point? D isn't fooling anyone. We have known for years that he's a cover-3 guy. We know it, and other coaches know it too. I posed a question about this the other day. What is something we do well out of cover-2? Other than rotate? Football 101, locate the safeties.

Freelancing. We've been hearing that word for over a decade now. In this case, I just believe that the kids don't have any faith in the system they are being asked to execute. When I look at recruiting clips of our recruits, the one thing that stands out is they are playing fast and downhill. In Golden's system they are being asked to slow down-read, read, and react.

So, to answer you last question. The contributing factors are no disruption from the down linemen, poor structure in terms of linking the backers to down linemen and secondary play, and a secondary coverage that is equally ineffective at stopping the run and defending the pass. It's a mess.

Advertisement
Back