18 Cincinnati 25-4 504
19 Notre Dame 22-7 482
20 Saint Mary's 26-3 445
21 Wichita State 27-4 250
22 Wisconsin 22-7 206
23 Virginia 19-9 194
24 Iowa State 19-9 168
25 Miami 20-8 123
Others receiving votes: Minnesota 66, Oklahoma State 54, Dayton 32, Michigan 14, Middle Tennessee 13, Creighton 12, USC 7, Michigan State 3, Monmouth 3, VCU 2, Virginia Tech 2, Vermont 2, Arkansas 1, Maryland 1, Princeton 1, BYU 1

Advertisement
It makes absolutely no sense for us to be ranked below UVA. We have both a better record and the head to head win. The only thing they have going for them are those early season quality wins, but they are really limping to the finish line, whereas we're finishing strong.

It makes absolutely no sense for us to be ranked below UVA. We have both a better record and the head to head win. The only thing they have going for them are those early season quality wins, but they are really limping to the finish line, whereas we're finishing strong.

Probably because of our ISU loss..

I don't think that any of the pollsters are placing enough value on the strength of the ACC. I look up and down those 25 teams and a bunch stick out that would not even be .500 in the ACC...SMU, Cincinnati, St. Mary's, Wichita St., Iowa St...etc. I think that Gonzaga would have 5 or 6 losses.

BTW...the Coaches Poll came out a short time ago...UM#25

Advertisement

You may be right. But all we are told every year is how early losses to quality teams do not affect late season rankings. This seems to apply to Michigan St. every year.

Advertisement
I would like to know how UVA is ranked above us.

Easy --- all of the voters are potatos, right?

rx5bpgp9.jpg

You may be right. But all we are told every year is how early losses to quality teams do not affect late season rankings. This seems to apply to Michigan St. every year.

You guys mean # 24 Iowa State? That bad loss?

Advertisement

You guys mean # 24 Iowa State? That bad loss?

Exactly. That is why it makes no sense to have UVa ranked ahead of UM. That was a quality loss to a Tourney bound team. There is no way, other than in the biased world of the sports media, that UVa should be ahead of UM at this point in the season.

This is same bias we saw with UM not making the Tourney in 2015 and NC State getting in. If my memory serves me correctly UM beat NCSt. head to head, had a better overall record, and a better conference record...NCSt. in...UM out. Makes perfect sense to me.

I went back and looked it up. Notsince on 3/20/15...
-----------------------------------------------
"We had more wins than NC State, the same number of ACC wins as NC State, and beat them head to head. We had also blew out Duke on the road, beat Syracuse on the road, Pitt and Florida on the road, and Illinois at home. We had a very good overall road record. They got an 8 seed, and we were nowhere to be seen. Sorry, there wasn't THAT much of a difference between our resumes, especially with the committee supposedly putting less of an emphasis on RPI. If NC State was an 11 seed in the play-in or a 12, then yeah, we didn't deserve to get in. But with NC State an 8, and not even close to the bubble, we deserved to get in. If the Big XII got 7 teams in, the ACC deserved more, and we finished 6th in the ACC."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back