In Review...

Derrick Griffin

Eligibility remaining.
We can talk about the gulf, we can talk about coaching, and we can talk about poor play. That’s fine, because there were lapses all over the field tonight. I’m here to bring light to a few who showed they need to play more. First off, we had 9 TFL’s. We allowed too many long 3rd down conversions, which has seemed to be a plague since Blake Baker arrived, but 9 TFL’s means we got pressure throughout the night. We all saw the long run by ETN, but I believe he was at 9 car for 19 yards up until that point.
Players that need to play more on D:
S Brooks
& K Smith
Both are young and play with fire. They may make mistakes, but they LOOK like they belong on the field. Unlike 44 and 53. They have been liabilities all year. Gil has stepped up. If we need to go 1 LB and 2 Strikers, let’s do it. Based on recruiting, we are going in that direction anyway so let’s expedite that process.
Players that need to play more on O:
STOP ROTATING TACKLES
J Williams
& Z Nelson
They need to be the tackles. For some reason J Williams didn’t start last night. Nelson was at RT and Campbell at LT and Campbell was ABUSED by top tier competition. I don’t know what to do about 53 J Clarke. Do we go back to Traeore? Or maybe 53 just had a bad game and he will get better.
Wide Reciever
I guess play the young guys? We saw it, full frontal last night. 3, 6, and 8 can’t get it done against that level of competition. And for the love of God, can we KEEP Malory on the field? He’s our 2nd best threat behind Jordan and he only plays a third of the snaps.
Lastly, y’all’s boy, Restrepo. He ain’t the answer on punt return either. That needs to be figured out. 6 wasn’t the answer and 7 ain’t either.

We didn’t quit, but we know our level. Hopefully we respond. Hopefully we get to see them again. Hopefully we execute perfectly. Because that is what playing Clemson requires, perfection. They were embrassed AFTER WINNING AT VIRGINIA by 20+ because it wasn’t their standard. We need to establish that same mentality.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back