In regards to a coaching position opening up at STA

Advertisement
For what position?

OC

Was surprised Harriot cut ties with Schneider like Ibis had said. That's been his guy since U-School prime days. Asked around and got my answer. New hire been coaching in a football league last few years.

I'm not. The play calling was average. They lost the Gorman game because of play calling.

I'm talking about the relationship Harriot had with him though. That was his guy, some are surprised.

That I agree on though about the offense and cost them the Deerfield game the year prior. Well aside from Jake throwing 2-3 picks in that game and a deer in the headlights vs Gorman.

He is leaving to take a HC job.

Advertisement
[MENTION=6030]Ibis Wingz[/MENTION] handing out L's like Andre the Giant

giphy.gif

Advertisement
For what position?

OC

Was surprised Harriot cut ties with Schneider like Ibis had said. That's been his guy since U-School prime days. Asked around and got my answer. New hire been coaching in a football league last few years.

I'm not. The play calling was average. They lost the Gorman game because of play calling.

They lost the Gorman Game because the Gator qb overthrew Grimes 3 times after he beat his man badly and also threw behind Harley when he was wide *** open on a post in the middle of the field in the 4th quarter. If Allen connects on any ONE of those throws STA probably ends up winning that game.

That's play calling!! If your QB who isn't that special to begin with is over & under throwing WR's plus the running game was working then that's on the play calling.

The RB averaged something like 10 yards a carry in that game. Gorman could not stop him.

Not being able to hit wide open wrs on 4 separate occasions is not plycalling, it's execution. I hope you're not saying that STA should not have called 4 individual pass plays during the course of a 4 quarter game because they should have anticipated Jake Allen's inability to hit a wide open wr each time. For one thing, your running game is going to be much less effective if you don't take some shots down the field to loosen things up. Secondly, I have rewatched that game a couple of times and STA's running game was much less effective (especially at the beginning and middle parts of the game) than you are making it seem. While their 2nd string rb (Bryan) did come in later on and break off some long runs, the running game was far from consistent enough to rely on it without any semblance of a passing attack. STA's coaching staff tried to stay balanced but Allen's horrible accuracy let them down

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would anyone doubt [MENTION=6030]Ibis Wingz[/MENTION]? He's one of the most connected guys to STA

Not more connected than Brian Piccalo, who has his feminine lips firmly placed on George Smith's old ballsack.

Can't get much more connected than that.

Advertisement
OC

They lost the Gorman Game because the Gator qb overthrew Grimes 3 times after he beat his man badly and also threw behind Harley when he was wide *** open on a post in the middle of the field in the 4th quarter. If Allen connects on any ONE of those throws STA probably ends up winning that game.

That's play calling!! If your QB who isn't that special to begin with is over & under throwing WR's plus the running game was working then that's on the play calling.

The RB averaged something like 10 yards a carry in that game. Gorman could not stop him.

Not being able to hit wide open wrs on 4 separate occasions is not plycalling, it's execution. I hope you're not saying that STA should not have called 4 individual pass plays during the course of a 4 quarter game because they should have anticipated Jake Allen's inability to hit a wide open wr each time. For one thing, your running game is going to be much less effective if you don't take some shots down the field to loosen things up. Secondly, I have rewatched that game a couple of times and STA's running game was much less effective (especially at the beginning and middle parts of the game) than you are making it seem. While their 2nd string rb (Bryan) did come in later on and break off some long runs, the running game was far from consistent enough to rely on it without any semblance of a passing attack. STA's coaching staff tried to stay balanced but Allen's horrible accuracy let them down

Not being able to hit wide open WR's and you CONTINUE to call those same plays is indeed PLAY CALLING.

Jake Allen was 9-25...NINE FOR TWENTY FIVE! You don't keep calling pass plays when the RUNNING GAME is CLEARLY working. You start calling play action passes since the running game is WORKING SO WELL but he did not do that. He continued to be in SPREAD and watch his QB fold under the pressure instead of running the ball. That's play calling!

& if you think the running game was less effective then you don't know football. They averaged over 5 yards a carry as a team yet the featured RB (Epstein) averaged over 12 yards per carry and he only got the ball SEVEN times while Bryan only had 9 yards on 5 carries.

I don't know what game you were watching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back