In not even four years . . .

weownfsu

Move to FCS
Golden has 19 losses. There's a good chance he will end the season with 21 losses.

In six years, while dealing with a MUCH more serious NCAA problem, Butch Davis had 20 losses total.

That is barely comprehensible to me.

Advertisement
Well ya know Joe the kids fought their tails off last night. We just left too many plays on the field.

Golden has more moral victories than Butch. With all these moral victories, Golden must be close to another extension.

what do you think was worse rumors of death penalty for 2-3 years or a ncaa decision in the normal time table?

Advertisement
what do you think was worse rumors of death penalty for 2-3 years or a ncaa decision in the normal time table?

Ha!

Everybody and their brother knew that we were not going to get the death penalty by mid 2012.

And if what Golden went through was so bad, why did he still manage to pull top 15 classes those cloudy years? Butch could have and would have pulled better classes if he had more than 50 scholarships to work with. He was basically down 1.5 classes.

If you think what Golden endured is even 1/5 as bad as what Butch had to deal with, you have an agenda and are deliberately ignorant.

Not comparing it to butch ... It never happened before never did the ncaa let sanctions hover over a program for so many years without making a decision...

Easy. Butch was a better coach. He is off the JJ coaching tree and at moment that is one of best. Al is not. But Butch did leave us and then got fired from two HC jobs. His recruiting is the stuff of legends. But he left us Even the gators didn't hire old Steve back after he left. Now that Al managed to not get us completely embarrassed again, we are probably stuck with him another year. Maybe the slightly new defensive aggression is a sign of change. Let's hope so because we sure as **** have us one fine QB.

Advertisement
To add on to the OP

Butch v. Golden

I was already sure this argument was dead as the situations were nothing alike. Here is an old post on the comparison.

- Butch was down 31 ships
- Butch was a first time HC
- Butch won his first bowl game, Al never won any (already lost his first one at Miami)
- Butch was 17-6 after two seasons at Miami. Al Golden 13-12.
- Butch was 31-15 after four seasons at Miami. Al Golden is 28-19 (at this point).
- Butch finished 51-20 at Miami. For Golden, to match that he can only lose 1 game over the next 25.

Al Golden's best win at Miami was against an 8-5 GT team in 2011.
Butch Davis beat the following teams (9 or more wins) [This is through 47 games or the same point at Miami]

#22 Syracuse (9-3) in 95
#16 Syracuse (9-3) in 96
#3 UCLA (10-2) in 98

Butch Davis had issues but for being a FIRST TIME HC and dealing with REAL SANCTIONS...Al isn't close.

Not comparing it to butch ... It never happened before never did the ncaa let sanctions hover over a program for so many years without making a decision...

I have posted this before - the cloud is the most overplayed and ridiculous excuse I have ever seen:

There were 2 recruiting classes that could have been affected by the cloud. The story broke nationally in August 2011, about 6 months before the 2012 class signed. The 2013 recruiting class signed their letters of intent in February 2013, 8 months before the NCAA COI published its Public Infractions Report.

The 2014 recruiting class knew what the situation was at Miami before they signed letters of intent, so it’s impossible to make the argument that the cloud impacted that class, especially since the NCAA COI did not ban Miami from any further postseason play.

The two classes the staff brought in while fighting the effects of the cloud were ranked (according to 247sports) 10th nationally (2012) and 14th nationally (2013). The next class with no cloud? 12th. **** the cloud excuse - it's just that, an excuse, and a ****** one at that.

Advertisement
Wow! A whole four more losses in the first four years. And Al took over a team that played for the national championship the year before he took over. Good thing he didn't have to contend with all the social media pressure and constant negative press that Butch did huh. God, some of our fans are such freaking idiots.

Advertisement
Wow! A whole four more losses in the first four years. And Al took over a team that played for the national championship the year before he took over. Good thing he didn't have to contend with all the social media pressure and constant negative press that Butch did huh. God, some of our fans are such freaking idiots.
6-4 in year four.

0 Coastal championships.

0-4 versus your biggest rival.

MF-ers acting like Golden is a saint for sticking around during ShapiroGate. Guy was collecting a big paycheck and had (has?) a legitimate complaint if he ever wanted to get out of his contract since he wasn't told about the investigation prior to getting hired. This is the job he is riding until he finds a better or less hostile one.

My life is pitiful, I really needed that win on Saturday, can't believe we blew that ****. I knew it was coming though

Advertisement
Back