In my humble opinion we need more depth at RB

there's no evidence yet that lingard is better than deejay or even that much more talented as a running back frankly except for long speed.

you can make an argument that deejay will and should leave after this year just because he's a running back but i'm in no rush to push him off the team.
Both lingard and cam have higher upside than Dallas. Chaney does too once he gets on campus🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
The situation becomes tenuous when you consider the following:

-Homer should still be here
-Miami signed 0 RBs in 2019
-Burns is a walking vase
-Lingard is coming off an injury
-Martin isn't eligible
-Dallas is a fat fumbling machine
-Harris has 20 career carries
-Realus is a fullback
-No preferred walkons on the roster
What do you think about moving Robert Knowles to RB?

Both lingard and cam have higher upside than Dallas. Chaney does too once he gets on campus🤷🏾‍♂️

anyone with lingard's size and speed will have a higher upside than just about anyone else on campus, but the things that make deejay a good RB -- lateral agility, ability to run through contact, ability to make defenders miss in tight spaces -- are precisely the things that we're unsure lingard can do. it wouldn't surprise me at all if deejay puts up a great season next year that lingard doesn't ever match in his career at miami. it also wouldn't surprise me if lingard is better at some point either, of course, but to act like it's such a foregone conclusion as to push deejay out the door is shortsighted and based on dreams.

Advertisement
anyone with lingard's size and speed will have a higher upside than just about anyone else on campus, but the things that make deejay a good RB -- lateral agility, ability to run through contact, ability to make defenders miss in tight spaces -- are precisely the things that we're unsure lingard can do. it wouldn't surprise me at all if deejay puts up a great season next year that lingard doesn't ever match in his career at miami. it also wouldn't surprise me if lingard is better at some point either, of course, but to act like it's such a foregone conclusion as to push deejay out the door is shortsighted and based on dreams.
It’s not just lingard, cam Harris too. One of those 2 will be starting by the end of the year not Dallas imo. Instead I’d rather see Dallas as the change of pace guy getting like 8-10 carries a game in addition to being used all over the field in the passing game. We need to use his unique skill set and not just confine him in a role that doesn’t beat utilize his abilities to the full extent. He’s not going the have the opportunity to put up a season like you think he’s capable of because of the other 2 running backs on the roster vying for carry’s who absolutely take the offense to a different level due to their gifts. Lingard wasn’t touted as highly as he was for just the **** of it, he has immense gifts, same with cam harris.

Understand your concern but the staff has only been here a few months and are working hard to build depth at all positions. We see what they doing on the OL with 2 commits from outside of SOFL and two homeboys, Walker and Denis, jerking us around. They have a Great RB in Chaney committed and who knows where Knighton's head at and they still on Parrish. Thad Franklin in 2021. You can't build all the depth we need in one class, but I wouldn't call our RB depth a 911 issue.

It’s not just lingard, cam Harris too. One of those 2 will be starting by the end of the year not Dallas imo. Instead I’d rather see Dallas as the change of pace guy getting like 8-10 carries a game in addition to being used all over the field in the passing game. We need to use his unique skill set and not just confine him in a role that doesn’t beat utilize his abilities to the full extent

yeah they should use him more as a receiver and cam harris might be better. i fail to see how this equates to anyone wanting to push deejay off the team at the end of this season.

Advertisement
The situation becomes tenuous when you consider the following:

-Homer should still be here -- no he shouldn't
-Miami signed 0 RBs in 2019 -- Yes they did, his name is Asa Martin
-Burns is a walking vase -- Very true
-Lingard is coming off an injury -- it was not an ACL tear, he's fine
-Martin isn't eligible -- Would be nice if he was, but shouldn't need him this year
-Dallas is a fat fumbling machine -- Not even responding to this nonsense
-Harris has 20 career carries -- Are there a lot of true sophomores in the country with hundreds of carries? Can he play or not?
-Realus is a fullback -- And will be used in Enos offense
-No preferred walkons on the roster -- Oh ****, you finally got to an intelligent point. WE HAVE NO WALKONS??!! Shutter everything. Now.

yeah they should use him more as a receiver and cam harris might be better. i fail to see how this equates to anyone wanting to push deejay off the team at the end of this season.
You think he’s going to get the playing time he wants (a full #1 workload) with guys like Harris, lingard and Chaney in the depth chart when he’s a senior if he comes back? I dont personally.

You think he’s going to get the playing time he wants (a full #1 workload) with guys like Harris, lingard and Chaney in the depth chart when he’s a senior if he comes back? I dont personally.

Who says he wants a full #1 workload? If he's smart, he shouldn't want that. Leave as much tread on the tires as possible.

Advertisement

ok but this has nothing to do with you saying the team would be better without him lol

btw dallas averaged 8 carries per game last season, the most he had in any game was 17 vs toledo when he put up 110 and a touchdown. his carries dropped off at the end of the year but there was a stretch in the middle of the season where he was averaging about 12 per game. his workload will increase this year -- we should be a better offense running more plays, for one -- but how much is it really going to increase? 16-18 carries per game instead of 12? this discussion is dumb.

Advertisement

Yeah, I don't dislike our RB room. I don't love it either. I'd love it had Homer stayed. He was a true bell-cow these last 2 seasons.
Dallas wasn't even a RB until 1/4 of the way through 2017. He's performed well but hasn't been 'the guy' and never outperformed Homer.
Lingard was here for spring 2018 and didn't make a ton of noise. Can probably chalk it up to the RPO (Richt Punt Option) offense. Harris ripped off some nice runs in 2018 but then tailed off at the end a bit.

Don't you tell me my business again OrangeBowlMagic

You guys do realize having good 3 RBs isn't nearly enough you need 5 to 6 capable ball carriers.
These guys bang a lot and your 4 to 6 play scout to your 1s Defense.

This is what make your defense get way better. Classic Iron Sharpens Iron.

What about going full blown Brandon Jacobs, in which we could tap Brevin Jordan to be an RB if we were forced to move someone.

That's an interesting thought. I chose Hall because he played offense in HS but I'd be intrigued by Jordan at RB lol.

Advertisement
Back