In my humble opinion we need more depth at RB

Advertisement
I would have to disagree. Just this year we have Dallas, Harris, and Lo. Nobody is going to get carries outside of these three unless its Realus. We have Burns for depth. The year after we will have Harris, Lo, Asa Martin, Chaney, and another rb we are sure to take. I think we are fine here and should continue to take 2 per cycle.

There’s depth problems in a lot of places on this roster and it’s something that Manny needs to fix. It’s been this way for too long.

It could be a problem later in the year if we really get bit by the injury bug. But the depth has seemingly been addressed with the additions of Martin, and hopefully Chaney and Knighton/Parrish coming in next year.

Talent on the other hand, is no issue...

Advertisement
Other teams' dropouts from the portal isn't the place to look. Hopefully its worked out by being early adopters, but I'm concerned about trying to build a team through it in the future.

I would have to disagree. Just this year we have Dallas, Harris, and Lo. Nobody is going to get carries outside of these three unless its Realus. We have Burns for depth. The year after we will have Harris, Lo, Asa Martin, Chaney, and another rb we are sure to take. I think we are fine here and should continue to take 2 per cycle.

:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: at the thought of Dallas leaving early

Advertisement
:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: at the thought of Dallas leaving early
Honestly would rather he leaves after this year. Can’t really see another year of him taking snaps from More talented backs next year when you have at least 3 guys on the roster more gifted than him in lingard, Chaney and Davis possibly being 4 if we get knighton. He may do it this year but idk about in 2020 . Plus you can’t pass up an opportunity for the nfl especially when you have a family to feed as he recently just had a kid

Last edited:
One position where depth is no concern is RB. @pcitycane already broke it down but we have 3 capable backs that will eat most of the carries with a talented but injury prone #4 back in Burns. Next year, even if Deejay leaves early, You've got Cam, Lo, Burns, Asa Martin, 5 star Chaney and probably another incoming freshman. That's 6 running backs.

You only have so many carries to go around and high level recruits aren't signing up to ride the bench for three years. Ideally, the only time your #4 back should see the field is in a blowout. Yes, depth could be an issue if #1 and #2 get hurt but you could say the exact same thing for literally every other position on the team. It's college football, you can't be 8 deep at every single spot.

Advertisement
The situation becomes tenuous when you consider the following:

-Homer should still be here
-Miami signed 0 RBs in 2019
-Burns is a walking vase
-Lingard is coming off an injury
-Martin isn't eligible
-Dallas is a fat fumbling machine
-Harris has 20 career carries
-Realus is a fullback
-No preferred walkons on the roster

The situation becomes tenuous when you consider the following:

-Homer should still be here
-Miami signed 0 RBs in 2019
-Burns is a walking vase
-Lingard is coming off an injury
-Martin isn't eligible
-Dallas is a fat fumbling machine
-Harris has 20 career carries
-Realus is a fullback
-No preferred walkons on the roster
If that’s how you view our running back room, go follow another team. GTFO

Advertisement
Honesty would rather he does. Don’t need another year of him taking snaps from
More talented backs next year when you have at least 3 guys on the roster more gifted than him in lingard, Chaney and Davis possibly being 4 if we get knighton

there's no evidence yet that lingard is better than deejay or even that much more talented as a running back frankly except for long speed.

you can make an argument that deejay will and should leave after this year just because he's a running back but i'm in no rush to push him off the team.

If that’s how you view our running back room, go follow another team. GTFO

Excuse me sir but you're being a homer.

I like the aggregate of our QB, RB, WR, TE units but don't love any of those rooms. I think they all have their flaws.

QB - young, immature, inexperienced
RB - young, not terribly deep in terms of dependability and experience
WR - very solid at the top, can't catch all that well though
TE - young but experienced with high upside

When you extract certain players from each of these units you can form a nice little team on paper.

Advertisement
Back