In Mario's Press Conference he mentions talking to the ACC about a kid transferring. What's up?

NDE

Sophomore
In Mario's Press Conference he mentions talking to the ACC about a kid transferring. What's up? Anyone else catch that? Any Info?

Advertisement
It was a coaches call with the ACC. Sounds like he and some other coaches are concerned that kids can just jump in the portal at any point. Sounded like he and some other coaches are suggesting a window for entering the portal/transferring. Similar to what they have with European soccer, there are transfer windows. Interesting thought.

It was a coaches call with the ACC. Sounds like he and some other coaches are concerned that kids can just jump in the portal at any point. Sounded like he and some other coaches are suggesting a window for entering the portal/transferring. Similar to what they have with European soccer, there are transfer windows. Interesting thought.
Yeah the Portal needs some type of guidance. Kids leaving at random times is not ideal. I think they should have the Portal open after signing day. And closed before fall practice.

Yeah the Portal needs some type of guidance. Kids leaving at random times is not ideal. I think they should have the Portal open after signing day. And closed before fall practice.
Gotta do something, it’s a mess right now, I like the soccer idea, maybe have a hard cutoff of April 15th or something for spring ball and from there to august be one window, that essentially locks in rosters for the season. And then make another one from Dec-the weekend after signing day or something

Advertisement
Yea I think a 2 windows would be ideal. Just how long and the rules surrounding them would be the stuff to get hashed out. Think in season transferring, should be removed. That doesn't keep guys from sharing with staff the intentions and what not, but the official name into the portal should be offseason type of thing.

Advertisement
Back