In-home visits schedule

View as article
Jobe info added

[TWEET]937340970378694657[/TWEET]

What this means?

I thought I read that Saban told Jobe that he's their #1 target at CB. With Bama graduating a bunch of DBs, there's a chance to play early there. I would think that with a talent like him, he could play from day 1 at pretty much every team, including Miami, and I would hope that the coaches are stressing this as well as being flexible as to where he can play. He is an absolute stud, and exactly the type of player we need - but we need many of them across our roster and depth. REALLY hope he sticks.

But as for his tweet, I'd be surprised that he made his decision already. We've all been warned about twists and turns - they go both ways. This is just another one of those.

Advertisement
Got to win the Jobe battle to show that we foreal on the trail hes one of the most important in terms of telling bama fuq u.

Yeah, but we don't need Jobe to beat Bama or Clemson or anyone important. We need better talent on the OL and more difference makers on the defensive line. Even if Jobe comes to UM, Bama is still going to recruit south Florida and they will likely get a kid or two.
Say what? Tell me we don't need a talent infusion at safety when Redwine is assigned to shadow the QB and still get's beat to the corner for a TD. Or we allow their QB to complete his first 15 passes, or allow a 30+ yard bomb for a TD in the 3rd quarter.
Our secondary is shaky as **** right now. We need a ton of talent infusion at DB.

Re-read my post. You misunderstood my statement and then argued against what I did not say. I never said we don't need talent at safety or any other position, quite clearly we do. I was speaking about Jobe specifically, and I stand by that statement. We don't need Jobe to beat Bama or Clemson. Yes. Yes. We need a talent infusion at safety and that better talent at safety is coming in 2018 whether Jobe does or not. But again it doesn't have to be Jobe specifically. In any case, this year we will bring in the best DB class in the nation, and I fully expect that from here on out we'll have one of the best DB classes in the nation because the state of Florida is a haven for elite DBs including safeties, but it is more difficult to find difference makers in the trenches.

The other part of my statement deals with the value of the different positiions. I argue that If we want to beat the upper echelon of college football our primary concern has to be to get better talent on the OL and on the DL because that's where championships are won and lost. We crushed ND because our DL was so disruptive. Clemson gave us the blues for the same reason. In a word, I would be much more concerned if Nesta were playing games.

The final part of my post was in response to the comment about saying fu to Alabama. Alabama will continue to recruit SF whether we land Jobe or not. Some of us act like we haven't beaten Bama for recruits in the past or like it will make some sort of difference in what they do with regard to recruiting. We have beaten them. They will continue to recruit SF because there are too many traitors and front runners in SF for them to just stop recruiting SF. Everyone knows how this goes, as we continue to win more on the field, we'll win more of the major recruiting battles.
I think we are on the same sheet of music here. While I can agree that we need better o-linemen (or better coached IMO as several of the sacks are just missed blocking assignments) and more depth at d-line, we also need better DBs.

I too have concerns about our OL coaching. When I watch our DL pass rush I literally can see the techniques they are using to defeat their opponents, something we lacked in the past. On the offensive line, we are still making the same mistakes in pass protection at the end of the season that we made at the beginning: bad technique - reaching, off balance, etc. - and missed assignments/responsibilities. I've also been frustrated with our rushing offense, but that goes beyond just the performance of the offensive line to the plays we call and when we call them.

…They will continue to recruit SF because there are too many traitors and front runners in SF for them to just stop recruiting SF. Everyone knows how this goes, as we continue to win more on the field, we'll win more of the major recruiting battles.

This is not only unfair to the recruits but flat out wrong according to Richt (and everyone else). So Chatfield would have been a traitor if Miami never gave him a commitable offer? Elijah Moore is a traitor?

There’s too much talent and too few scholarships and everyone (Kevin Austin) doesn’t want to be a Cane. Good for them; I’ll take the ones who want to be Canes.

What's your view on Rosendo Lewis?
I put his *** in the F U 2 category (judging by his comments after his hat throwing theatrics). Don’t want to be a Cane, don’t be a Cane. Miami will get someone else. But, traitor? That’s nuts. I just can’t think of how any kid who’s uncommitted could be a traitor. I can’t even see how a committed kid could be a traitor.

Now what Jimbo did to FSU might have been the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever seen. Don’t mind it, don’t really care, but he dynamited that program and a lot of kids dreams on the way out the door.

…They will continue to recruit SF because there are too many traitors and front runners in SF for them to just stop recruiting SF. Everyone knows how this goes, as we continue to win more on the field, we'll win more of the major recruiting battles.

This is not only unfair to the recruits but flat out wrong according to Richt (and everyone else). So Chatfield would have been a traitor if Miami never gave him a commitable offer? Elijah Moore is a traitor?

There’s too much talent and too few scholarships and everyone (Kevin Austin) doesn’t want to be a Cane. Good for them; I’ll take the ones who want to be Canes.

What's your view on Rosendo Lewis?
I put his *** in the F U 2 category (judging by his comments after his hat throwing theatrics). Don’t want to be a Cane, don’t be a Cane. Miami will get someone else. But, traitor? That’s nuts. I just can’t think of how any kid who’s uncommitted could be a traitor. I can’t even see how a committed kid could be a traitor.

Now what Jimbo did to FSU might have been the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever seen. Don’t mind it, don’t really care, but he dynamited that program and a lot of kids dreams on the way out the door.

Lewis was really disrespectful to the local team. What jimbo did to F$U is so bad I don't know how any kid would follow him to his new school.

Yeah, but we don't need Jobe to beat Bama or Clemson or anyone important. We need better talent on the OL and more difference makers on the defensive line. Even if Jobe comes to UM, Bama is still going to recruit south Florida and they will likely get a kid or two.
Say what? Tell me we don't need a talent infusion at safety when Redwine is assigned to shadow the QB and still get's beat to the corner for a TD. Or we allow their QB to complete his first 15 passes, or allow a 30+ yard bomb for a TD in the 3rd quarter.
Our secondary is shaky as **** right now. We need a ton of talent infusion at DB.

Re-read my post. You misunderstood my statement and then argued against what I did not say. I never said we don't need talent at safety or any other position, quite clearly we do. I was speaking about Jobe specifically, and I stand by that statement. We don't need Jobe to beat Bama or Clemson. Yes. Yes. We need a talent infusion at safety and that better talent at safety is coming in 2018 whether Jobe does or not. But again it doesn't have to be Jobe specifically. In any case, this year we will bring in the best DB class in the nation, and I fully expect that from here on out we'll have one of the best DB classes in the nation because the state of Florida is a haven for elite DBs including safeties, but it is more difficult to find difference makers in the trenches.

The other part of my statement deals with the value of the different positiions. I argue that If we want to beat the upper echelon of college football our primary concern has to be to get better talent on the OL and on the DL because that's where championships are won and lost. We crushed ND because our DL was so disruptive. Clemson gave us the blues for the same reason. In a word, I would be much more concerned if Nesta were playing games.

The final part of my post was in response to the comment about saying fu to Alabama. Alabama will continue to recruit SF whether we land Jobe or not. Some of us act like we haven't beaten Bama for recruits in the past or like it will make some sort of difference in what they do with regard to recruiting. We have beaten them. They will continue to recruit SF because there are too many traitors and front runners in SF for them to just stop recruiting SF. Everyone knows how this goes, as we continue to win more on the field, we'll win more of the major recruiting battles.

Its why we recruiting high level guys and 8 dbs, this staff knows we need speed back there. Some fans just think everyones fast though, Jobes a big piece to the class and the staff is acting like it by constantly recruiting him. AG would of bent over for saban and we wouldnt be gettin hall jobe or tyson period.

Fair enough Dwintitles, and I agree that we should continue to recruit Josh. But Canes shouldn't commit suicide if he turns out to be another SF traitor. There will be fewer and fewer of those as we continue to win on the field. UF taking Mullen and firing Shannon will help us and FSU being a dumpster fire will also help.

If he goes to Bama im with u fuq him but right now until inks on paper u have to recruit these kids hard its just the new age, it sucks but this is how it is. If we close with this class of dbs including Tyson which Im sure hes coming we will be such a problem even for teams like Clemson. Jobe is physically ready right now more than anybody

Advertisement
Jobe info added

What this means?

I thought I read that Saban told Jobe that he's their #1 target at CB. With Bama graduating a bunch of DBs, there's a chance to play early there. I would think that with a talent like him, he could play from day 1 at pretty much every team, including Miami, and I would hope that the coaches are stressing this as well as being flexible as to where he can play. He is an absolute stud, and exactly the type of player we need - but we need many of them across our roster and depth. REALLY hope he sticks.

But as for his tweet, I'd be surprised that he made his decision already. We've all been warned about twists and turns - they go both ways. This is just another one of those.

Hall and Jobe are his number 1 guys, if we get both that sets them back big time and eventually they will be a regular *** team in the long run. Maybe a good team but no where near what they were if we keep getting the guys they want in sfla it will hurt them long term.

Don't be a mental midget. How could you be a traitor without an offer? I'm talking about players who troll our program and attempt to embarrass us publically by making statements about making business decisions or playing with savages as if my U isn't a good business decision and as if it doesn't already have savages.

Don't be a mental midget. How could you be a traitor without an offer? I'm talking about players who troll our program and attempt to embarrass us publically by making statements about making business decisions or playing with savages as if my U isn't a good business decision and as if it doesn't already have savages.
I’m not being a mental midget. I think we both know a mental midget would start his post by writing, “Don't be a mental midget” - I didn’t do that...

Also, you don’t have to be so overly sensitive. Miami was NOT embarrassed by a kid being theatrical. He didn’t troll the program. It’s a game; a social ritual (for football), and it’s not for the weak. It’s no different than a customer/sales relationship.

Win some, lose some.

Advertisement

I’m not being a mental midget. I think we both know a mental midget would start his post by writing, “Don't be a mental midget” - I didn’t do that...

Also, you don’t have to be so overly sensitive. Miami was NOT embarrassed by a kid being theatrical. He didn’t troll the program. It’s a game; a social ritual (for football), and it’s not for the weak. It’s no different than a customer/sales relationship.

Win some, lose some.

Reading your post. It's clear that you don't have any clue what you're talking about. This isn't at all about being embarrassed. Do you understand that? It's not about what UM thinks or even what Coach Richt thinks. It's about kids who cast apersions towards their hometown team in ways that kids no where else in the country do in order to create a perception amongst their peers - not UM or our coaches. For a long time, it has helped to create a perception of UM as a place not to go if you're an elite SF talent. The number of kids who have done it is numerous to the point of being nuseating. And, it was effective. Therefore, a kid without an offer could not be one of these traitors. Hope this helps.

Advertisement
Very interesting...

[TWEET]937878340320550912[/TWEET]

What’s interesting? They have been recruiting him for the last 2 months or so

I wasn't aware. Also, he'll likely be a DT at the next level. I'd like to see us grab 3 this class.

Was wondering why we were recruiting more DE's, but this pleases me. Take him and Goldwire to go with Silvera. Very similar frame to RJ when he came in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DQQCVhVW0AAIk3g.jpg

Last edited:
Jobe info added

What this means?

Hall and Jobe are his number 1 guys, if we get both that sets them back big time and eventually they will be a regular *** team in the long run. Maybe a good team but no where near what they were if we keep getting the guys they want in sfla it will hurt them long term.

All it takes is missing on key recruits, here and there, over each cycle, begins to have significant impact, ...including effecting depth!!

Alabama's already beginning to lose its grip on its glory days,.. Were just going to help it along a bit!!

Advertisement
Back