In case you need a laugh...

Cane_Mutiny

Redshirt Freshman
... here's Pete Fiutak's Miami preview:

Dude has always been an idiot but this takes the cake in terms of awful, lazy reporting... Apparently Tommy Kennedy is a sure-fire starter at LT and Lawrence Cager is the second-best player on our offense 😂 Not sure why I even check that clickbait trash website, tbh

Last edited:
Advertisement
... here's Pete Fiutak's Miami preview:

Dude has always been an idiot but this takes the cake in terms of awful, lazy reporting... Apparently Tommy Butler is a sure-fire starter at LT and Lawrence Cager is the second-best player on our offense 😂 Not sure why I even check that clickbait trash website, tbh

Cager is the 2nd best player on offense?

Who’s #1?

Cade Weldon?

I am not a fan of the article but OP is a little off on this one. The author stated the Cager was the "second-leading reciever" which is a fact. He didn't say he was the second best player on our offense, as the OP stated. That's a huge difference! Lol. Also, he referenced the fact that Cager is now at Georgia. Also, who is Tommy Butler?

Again, I am not the biggest fan of the reporting, but OP must have been typed in the middle of a nice happy hour!

He literally says Cager left for Georgia then says he’s our second best player on offense lol idiot

Edit: @reg we posted at **** near the same time and it seems like I’m calling you an idiot but I’m referring to the article. I thought what you did but I read a little further.

Advertisement
He literally says Cager left for Georgia then says he’s our second best player on offense lol idiot

Edit: @reg we posted at **** near the same time and it seems like I’m calling you an idiot but I’m referring to the article. I thought what you did but I read a little further.
It's all good. To quote the article, he actually said, "Second-leading receiver Lawrence Cager might have bolted for Georgia.."

I am not a fan of the article but OP is a little off on this one. The author stated the Cager was the "second-leading reciever" which is a fact. He didn't say he was the second best player on our offense, as the OP stated. That's a huge difference! Lol. Also, he referenced the fact that Cager is now at Georgia. Also, who is Tommy Butler?

Again, I am not the biggest fan of the reporting, but OP must have been typed in the middle of a nice happy hour!

Check page 3, papo!

Wish I was at happy hour instead of carefully reading this BS article though 😂

Check page 3, papo!

Wish I was at happy hour instead of carefully reading this BS article though 😂
It's all good, my man. I read the entire article the first time, in which, though he had a clear slip up at the end, he clearly referenced in the article that Cager left for Georgia. Again, as I stated, I am not a fan of the article at all. The author must have also been at a nice Happy Hour when he wrote the article. In fact, I just talked myself into having a nice beverage as well.

It's all good, my man. I read the entire article the first time, in which, though he had a clear slip up at the end, he clearly referenced in the article that Cager left for Georgia. Again, as I stated, I am not a fan of the article at all. The author must have also been at a nice Happy Hour when he wrote the article. In fact, I just talked myself into having a nice beverage as well.

Haha you inspired me to crack a beer too, cheers bro!

Advertisement
Haha you inspired me to crack a beer too, cheers bro!

Can't expect national writers to know every single detail about our program like we do.

Overall it had a mistake or two, but I found most of the content accurate and the errors not so egregious.

Some people need to lighten up.

Yeah. PF has been one of the best at being non-biased throughout his career. He likes Miami. There’s much worse Pete’s out there with bigger gigs. Pete Prisco for example is complete trash. He had Christian Ponder as the best player in the draft. I was going to write for the UM page when PF ran an ACC site but got promoted in the day job. He’s nowhere near as bad as the OP made it sound. Pete knows more about CFB than 99.9% of the population. His downfall is he never knows one team better than anyone because he knows quite a bit about 150 teams.

Advertisement

Naw Reg, op is right. There was a list of top five most important players and Cager was second behind JT4. Can’t make this ish up....

Advertisement
Yeah. PF has been one of the best at being non-biased throughout his career. He likes Miami. There’s much worse Pete’s out there with bigger gigs. Pete Prisco for example is complete trash. He had Christian Ponder as the best player in the draft. I was going to write for the UM page when PF ran an ACC site but got promoted in the day job. He’s nowhere near as bad as the OP made it sound. Pete knows more about CFB than 99.9% of the population. His downfall is he never knows one team better than anyone because he knows quite a bit about 150 teams.

Disagree that PF likes Miami... I have noticed a pretty strong anti-Miami slant in his writing, and I've been reading CFN for years. Honestly though, Miami hate is to be expected from a national writer; my biggest gripe with him is just the quality of his research and writing (and it's not just when he's talking about the Canes).

Disagree that PF likes Miami... I have noticed a pretty strong anti-Miami slant in his writing, and I've been reading CFN for years. Honestly though, Miami hate is to be expected from a national writer; my biggest gripe with him is just the quality of his research and writing (and it's not just when he's talking about the Canes).
You’re wrong about that with PF. He used to follow Miami much more than he does now. After Randy and Golden plus him covering national instead of the ACC it’s understandable. He got punished for refusing to push certain teams in his career. I have nothing but respect for PF for not selling out. I’m not saying more on a board but dude is not anti UM like most media. As in most media that covers UM.

Advertisement
Back