In 15 Years at Mizzou, Coach Kool Had 4 1st Rounders, Here?

Advertisement
The problem with using this metric to gauge success is that there are so many variables - it's not just "who on the team has first-round talent?" It's which NFL teams are looking, how stacked each particular class is at those positions, who leaves early, etc. etc.

If we're talking "who has first-round talent" I think we might have three guys RIGHT NOW that are playing like first-rounders - Chad Thomas, RJ McIntosh, and Kendrick Norton. DJack is close already and Joe Jackson is coming on fast if he stays healthy. Willis could play himself into the early rounds if he gets enough reps.

I think we might see as many as 6 guys from our current DL in the NFL in the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
4 years IMO. **** if Chad stays, I could see him next year. Could see McIntosh if he continues to develop. Willis, Jenkins, Norton, Moten, Jackson, and Harris will all get drafted at some point. Could see Joe Jackson if he continues to develop. Hard to really say but he's easily the best coach on this staff. The DL will be pumping high draft picks again soon enough.

Might have 3 right now. Once he gets to recruit after all the dline kids SEE his guys play, the is way he takes more than 4 years to go over 4 picks. Once NFL gets taste for Miami defensive picks again, it will get addicted like before.

The problem with using this metric to gauge success is that there are so many variables - it's not just "who on the team has first-round talent?" It's which NFL teams are looking, how stacked each particular class is at those positions, who leaves early, etc. etc.

If we're talking "who has first-round talent" I think we might have three guys RIGHT NOW that are playing like first-rounders - Chad Thomas, RJ McIntosh, and Kendrick Norton. DJack is close already and Joe Jackson is coming on fast if he stays healthy. Willis could play himself into the early rounds if he gets enough reps.

I think we might see as many as 6 guys from our current DL in the NFL in the next 2-3 years.

The scheme you run has an effect as well. If al were still here, would any of those guys have a shot at 1st round based on talent but with little production to show? And I think it's worth mentioning that these guys going in the 2nd round would still be very impressive- I don't think 1st rounders should be the total measure here.

Advertisement
I think his accomplishments are two-fold: 1. developing all conference players with limited skillsets (e.g. Michael Sam) 2. turning highly touted talent into top NFL draft picks.

If you look at the recruiting, I think he only had a handful of 4-stars over his tenure at Mizzou (one of them being Sheldon Richardson). It is scary to think about what he can do in this scheme with elite talent. With the exception of Jenkins our entire DL are 4/5 star recruits.

I got Chad and RJ as First Rounders already, especially RJ. Norton is a possibility, Joe Jackson has the frame to be one. I think he'll have 4 First rounders in 4 or 5 years, easily.

The fact that kool is coaching up these guys is also a big factor in their draft stock. scouts respect kool's opinion much more than someone like jethro lol. if kool vouches for our guys, which i'm sure he will, then i think our Dline will rise on draft boards much more than they have in the past.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back