Improving the running game

Advertisement
Ever since Johnson left it's been god awful.

Just curious how many Duke Johnsons you think come around?

To me, what he did under the prior staff was flat amazing. Sure, if we land Dalvin Cook...it might have been better, but some of it definitely falls on a pretty bleak OL.

UM

Advertisement
The only thing that worries me is the offensive line. Richt's scheme will be a boost to the running game. We already have the horses, just need to clear the way for them.

The scheme will improve the run game. Plus as kaaya improves teams will be worried about him beating them and focus less on the run game. I expect a big year in the rush totals.

Advertisement

To me, what he did under the prior staff was flat amazing. Sure, if we land Dalvin Cook...it might have been better, but some of it definitely falls on a pretty bleak OL.

UM

How do you think Duke would have done with FSU's OL?

Duke Johnson had a great line blocking including 5 NFL players in front for him , when healthy he produced 1570 yards plus rushing

UM

How do you think Duke would have done with FSU's OL?

Duke Johnson had a great line blocking including 5 NFL players in front for him , when healthy he produced 1570 yards plus rushing

Yep, unfortunately I was clearly talking about OP's claim that it has been horrid SINCE Duke and that landing Dalvin may have helped some with an atrocious OL....that is, unless your saying we have an all NFL caliber OL as well last year...which I don't think you are.

My point regarding Duke is that he flourished despite what I would call "below average" offensive play calling.

UM

Yea we had a 1K rusher last year and that's all the more impressive accomplishing that feat, in that junior high scheme, with that coaching "staph". I expect Yearby to do 1,200, with another 1,600 bt Gus and Chocolate (67 yds. per game each). My reasoning is a much improved scheme, OL coaching, technique, intensity and a more effective passing game with influx of talent.

Joe for the most part been running behind scrubs while duke was running behind guys like flowers, mcdermott(older bro) feliciano etc

Advertisement
Yea we had a 1K rusher last year and that's all the more impressive accomplishing that feat, in that junior high scheme, with that coaching "staph". I expect Yearby to do 1,200, with another 1,600 bt Gus and Chocolate (67 yds. per game each). My reasoning is a much improved scheme, OL coaching, technique, intensity and a more effective passing game with influx of talent.

So you expect an average of 233 yards per game rushing? Shoot, I'd take that for sure, but obvious troll on your part.

Advertisement
We need an elite back but we got a decebt backfield. Against the big dogs though ourrun game wont bea factor imo. We need an elite back and elite OL some fkin maulers

SMH....its been a year. Some of our fans smoke that dank too much. They irrational like DBC just without swine flu and bears

Advertisement
Back